Help finding a touch screen phone... Watch

heavenlight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi

I'm pretty new to tech phones so I need help finding a good touch screen phone, Possibly which takes 2 sims. (mainly so when i'm writing a message the keypad doesn't make much noise, so if any1 knows any phone which has a silent keypad then also let me know)

I've looked at some but not sure whether these are any good?
Nokia 5530
Nokia 5800
Samsung S5320 Tocco

(Can you reduced the brightness on these phones?)

Thank You all 4 ur help
taperjeangirl!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got the Sony Ericsson Satio.. easy to use once you get used to it and you can change the settings to use a silent keypad, too
samanthaaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm quite sure all phones can be adjusted so that it is in silent mode and to reduce brightness. I'm not really sure about those phones though. I own a Samsung Tocco Lite though which I love and doesn't have too many complex (touch screen) functions.
TotallyAddictedToBass
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i love my 5800, its a beaut
and yes you can reduce the brightness, and texting's really easy, there's 3 different keyboards and handwritting
Miss_Lestrange
Report 8 years ago
I also have the Samsung Tocco Lite and i'm really impressed with it. You can definitely adjust the keypad to silent as well
A_master
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
HTC HD2 ftw!
Mel.HeyThereChuckles.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by samanthaaaa)
I'm quite sure all phones can be adjusted so that it is in silent mode and to reduce brightness. I'm not really sure about those phones though. I own a Samsung Tocco Lite though which I love and doesn't have too many complex (touch screen) functions.
Yep i have this phone too! kepad tones annoy the absolute hell out of me so i have changed the setting on my loud profile without kepad tones and a very low vibrate setting when you touch the screen...i find that the vibrate is quite noisy when im texting but you can adjust this too!! LOVE this phone...it's my baby. Good luck phone searching =)
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
make sure its a capacitive touch screen.

and i'd second the HTC HD2.... although it may well be out of your price range.

the samsung omnia II is another really nice phone, and quite a bit cheaper (although unfortunately runs wm and the touchscreen is resistive not capacitive...)
heavenlight
Rep:
?
Thanx so far...

Are there any touch screen phones which takes 2 sim cards?
x_LiNk_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
iPhone

[/Thread]
misssmarty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lg cookie
DaniLou17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
my bro has the tocco lite i would deffo recommend it i wish i got it aswell just didnt want the same phone as my bro i got the lg renoir ...it sucks!! i wouldnt recommend lg touch phones
samanthaaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by heavenlight)
Thanx so far...

Are there any touch screen phones which takes 2 sim cards?
Do you mean the phone is unlockable so that any sim card tariff can be used or 2 sim cards can be used at the same time?

If you mean the latter, :eek: I didn't know that this is possible!
heavenlight
Rep:
?
I mean can 2 sim cards be used at the same time?
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by heavenlight)
I mean can 2 sim cards be used at the same time?

Doubt it. Why would you need to do that?

I have an LG KU990 and I love it - mainly for its 5 megapixel camera :p:
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I could only put up with the Tocco Ultra for about 2 months before I had to sell it and get an iPhone instead. A truly horrible phone.
normalothercitrusfruit
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't go for any of those tbh. Look for something with a capacitive touch screen rather than a resistive one. By that I mean one which doesn't need a stylus.

I would suggest either an iPhone or something running android, preferably made by HTC

Guessing that from the phones you listed your budget won't stretch to either, so don't bother with a touchscreen - get a Nokia E63 or something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads