Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so im not a big fan of reading but if i get into a book i will finish it and laugh, cry whatever it makes me feel lol :lol:

so i liked the kerry katona books, jordans books, the whole set of angus thongs and full frontal snogging.

id like a book around this kind of genre.. i dont know what it would be called lol a bit of romance?

Help!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The sisterhood of the travelling pants books are pretty good if you like girly books

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ahh finally someone on here who likes girly books :P
    when you say jordan books do you mean her autobiographys or "her" books lol :P cos her fiction books are brilliant i've read them all 4 or 5 times!
    Also Adele Parks... all the books i've read so far by her are brilliant in the middle of one now

ReputationRep:
    This Is All, by Aidan Chambers. I guess you'd call it a grown-up version of Jacqueline Wilson?

It's written in the form of a pillow-book, which is a Japanese-style diary. It follows the life of a teenage girl from the age of 15 to 20, with musings on pretty much everything in her life. There's also extensive discussion of Shakespeare and poetry.

What I loved particularly about it, once my girlfriend convinced me to read it, was the fact that it's both accessible on the level of a narrative story, and also to a more serious analytical reading. Give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    dont go mad
    buttt....
    seriously id recommend the twilight saga !!! you get so drawn in well i did ...arrrggg i just love it !!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, Kerry Katona and Jordan the well known authors. Sadly I haven't had the will to read their "literature".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    ahh finally someone on here who likes girly books :P
    when you say jordan books do you mean her autobiographys or "her" books lol :P cos her fiction books are brilliant i've read them all 4 or 5 times!
    Also Adele Parks... all the books i've read so far by her are brilliant in the middle of one now
    :lol: i mean her fiction books
    oOo thankyou

ReputationRep:
    The Time Travellers Wife? Bridget Jones' Diary? The Devil Wears Prada?

ReputationRep:
    Go look up Cecelia Ahern - Where Rainbows End and some of her other novels.

I'm also backing up the Aidan Chambers recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    dont go mad
    buttt....
    seriously id recommend the twilight saga !!! you get so drawn in well i did ...arrrggg i just love it !!
    yeh im gonna get the first one as a prezzie for my bf so il steal it once hes done :lol:

ReputationRep:
    the angus thongs and full snogging ones are bare girly, but they're for like 13 year olds aren't they?

umm 'weekend in paris' is good and girly can't remember who its by though...also 'remember me' by sophie kinsella's alright, even though all her books are really similar and pretty gay, 'remember me' was alright

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Sophie Kinsella! She wrote the "Shopaholic" series, which I absolutely loved. All of her books are readable, light-hearted and funny.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a little different, but check out some Bronte and Austen.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Try Sophie Kinsella, Janet Evanovich, Freya North and Marian Keyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunty91)
    Well, a little different, but check out some Bronte and Austen.
    rofl.

ReputationRep:
    I say check out the Jill Mansel books, the first I read was 'Thinking of You' and absolutely loved it.

ReputationRep:
    It would be filed under the '*****' genre.

EDIT: I feel like being helpful, so I'd suggest you read some of Jodi Picoult's books. They're girly, but far better than any of Jordan's work...

ReputationRep:
    the lost art of keeping secrets by eva rice!!!! THE best book ive ever read! (and i read a lot) its the ultimate girls book! the main character is 18 so its pretty easy to relate too, and its set in the 50s for a bit of quirkiness also agree of sophie kinsella, her shopaholic books made me laugh. and the twilight books, deffo read these!! they nearly made me fail my a levels because i was hooked during exam period! enjoyyyy x

ReputationRep:
    Anything by jodi picoult.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.