Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone entered this year? I have. Just interested to know how popular it is for young poets.

(For those who don't know, it is a poety competition run annually by Christs Church, Oxford. It is the largest cash-prize poetry competition around for 16-19 year olds in full-time education, where winning poets can win up to £3000. This year the theme is 'Promises' and entries have to be submitted by 11th February.)

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanii)
    Has anyone entered this year? I have. Just interested to know how popular it is for young poets.

(For those who don't know, it is a poety competition run annually by Christs Church, Oxford. It is the largest cash-prize poetry competition around for 16-19 year olds in full-time education, where winning poets can win up to £3000. This year the theme is 'Promises' and entries have to be submitted by 11th February.)

x
    I entered this last year
    Not sure how popular it is or not if i'm honest x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm too old :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    I entered this last year
    Not sure how popular it is or not if i'm honest x
    I entered it last year too. I didn't win, by my friend Lotty was a runner up and won £250. Lucky kid.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't entered (and I probably won't) :sad:
    I can't really think of anything. I might enter Foyle's Young Poet of the Year '10, though, since that can be on any topic.

ReputationRep:
    I want to enter! Haven't written anything yet though...
    Promises...

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off!
    It was 24 lines (I think)

ReputationRep:
    i'm kind of embarrased...like i feel that mines crap compared to the ones i read off the past years,but its also really personal so i duno like :s
    should i send it off or just leave it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggaeinyourjeggae)
    i'm kind of embarrased...like i feel that mines crap compared to the ones i read off the past years,but its also really personal so i duno like :s
    should i send it off or just leave it?
    Send it!!!
    You've got to be in it to win it! It's worth a shot, even if you don't make it you can still say you tried.

I think a lot depends on who is judging; what one person likes another might not like so much. But yes, it's definitely worth a shot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    Send it!!!
    You've got to be in it to win it! It's worth a shot, even if you don't make it you can still say you tried.

I think a lot depends on who is judging; what one person likes another might not like so much. But yes, it's definitely worth a shot!
    thats a better way of looking at it
    but you know how you need a teacher signature and the like..did yours read through it and whatever, to check its not plagiarised? because obviously mine isnt,but im not sure i want them to read it :|
    (not taking a good attitude here..ohdear lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    I sent mine off!
    It was 24 lines (I think)
    Awesome! Mine was about that too.
    May the best poet win! x

ReputationRep:
    My entry ended up being the 48-line maximum. Oh dear, haha. And I only sent it off on the 8th of this month, allowing only three days for RM to get it there...

Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    Well... lets pray Royal Mail don't take their royal time over getting yo' entry to Ockzfurd.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't send it in
    Thought I could email it but noooo. Had to get it signed by a teacher and then mail it and since I'd left it to the day before there was no chance it would get there on time haha. Oh well, maybe next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanii)
    Ockzfurd.
    *Oggsford

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.