Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ideally i would like to go into dentistry (or maybe medicine) and im having trouble on A- level choices, i am going for definetly maths, biology, chemistry, however the maths im doing is accelerated so will include an AS in further maths, but i can decide whether to do physics, geography or economics, all of which i enjoy and am predicted an A* in gcse. The only thing is i greatly enjoy physics and it is definetly one of my favourite subjects and i am willing to put the work in, but then my selection of subjects will get very, very difficult and my grades could suffer. Should I do physics, i mite just add i am one of those people who kind of enjoy a challenge, but is this challenge too big

ReputationRep:
    As long as you got Bio/Chem, the others dont really matter.
    Its good that you've got Maths aswell, as that counts as another science.

Hmm you could take Economics/Geography as your fourth option as it shows your not all about the sciences and that you study a Humanities subject aswell.

However, I would choose the subject which you enjoy most, and one where you could get the highest possible grade (in your case, this subject is Physics).

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine =) it probs wont be too much of a challenge but if it is you can always drop physics a week or two into term.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate also if i get my predicted A* (fingers crossed i know predictions mean nothing unless i put the same work in) in both eng and englit and several humanities in GCSE can I use that to show im overall well balanced when applying to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Kirky has some tough subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner4lyf44)
    Ideally i would like to go into dentistry (or maybe medicine) and im having trouble on A- level choices, i am going for definetly maths, biology, chemistry, however the maths im doing is accelerated so will include an AS in further maths, but i can decide whether to do physics, geography or economics, all of which i enjoy and am predicted an A* in gcse. The only thing is i greatly enjoy physics and it is definetly one of my favourite subjects and i am willing to put the work in, but then my selection of subjects will get very, very difficult and my grades could suffer. Should I do physics, i mite just add i am one of those people who kind of enjoy a challenge, but is this challenge too big
    I'd pick Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Kirky has some tough subjects
    Its not too bad - the further maths is an AS across two years so its not THAT much extra work.

But yeah it does get a bit much sometimes aha.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate also if i get my predicted A* (fingers crossed i know predictions mean nothing unless i put the same work in) in both eng and englit and several humanities in GCSE can I use that to show im overall well balanced when applying to uni?
    Yes, an A* in GCSE subjects such as Eng Lit and Lang will be beneficial to your application, however in uni admissions for GCSE's, I dont think they look to much at the indiviaul subjects you studied at GCSE. I think they mainly look at the number of A*'s achieved. So just do your best to get the best possible grades.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.