Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ideally i would like to go into dentistry (or maybe medicine) and im having trouble on A- level choices, i am going for definetly maths, biology, chemistry, however the maths im doing is accelerated so will include an AS in further maths, but i can decide whether to do physics, geography or economics, all of which i enjoy and am predicted an A* in gcse. The only thing is i greatly enjoy physics and it is definetly one of my favourite subjects and i am willing to put the work in, but then my selection of subjects will get very, very difficult and my grades could suffer. Should I do physics, i mite just add i am one of those people who kind of enjoy a challenge, but is this challenge too big

ReputationRep:
    As long as you got Bio/Chem, the others dont really matter.
    Its good that you've got Maths aswell, as that counts as another science.

Hmm you could take Economics/Geography as your fourth option as it shows your not all about the sciences and that you study a Humanities subject aswell.

However, I would choose the subject which you enjoy most, and one where you could get the highest possible grade (in your case, this subject is Physics).

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine =) it probs wont be too much of a challenge but if it is you can always drop physics a week or two into term.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate also if i get my predicted A* (fingers crossed i know predictions mean nothing unless i put the same work in) in both eng and englit and several humanities in GCSE can I use that to show im overall well balanced when applying to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Kirky has some tough subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner4lyf44)
    Ideally i would like to go into dentistry (or maybe medicine) and im having trouble on A- level choices, i am going for definetly maths, biology, chemistry, however the maths im doing is accelerated so will include an AS in further maths, but i can decide whether to do physics, geography or economics, all of which i enjoy and am predicted an A* in gcse. The only thing is i greatly enjoy physics and it is definetly one of my favourite subjects and i am willing to put the work in, but then my selection of subjects will get very, very difficult and my grades could suffer. Should I do physics, i mite just add i am one of those people who kind of enjoy a challenge, but is this challenge too big
    I'd pick Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Kirky has some tough subjects
    Its not too bad - the further maths is an AS across two years so its not THAT much extra work.

But yeah it does get a bit much sometimes aha.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate also if i get my predicted A* (fingers crossed i know predictions mean nothing unless i put the same work in) in both eng and englit and several humanities in GCSE can I use that to show im overall well balanced when applying to uni?
    Yes, an A* in GCSE subjects such as Eng Lit and Lang will be beneficial to your application, however in uni admissions for GCSE's, I dont think they look to much at the indiviaul subjects you studied at GCSE. I think they mainly look at the number of A*'s achieved. So just do your best to get the best possible grades.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.