Turn on thread page Beta

How am I supposed to know if I want to do this? watch

Ive no idea how Im supposed to know if I want to do something or not. Ive been accepted for nurse training which I must have been enthusiastic to apply after getting some experience but half the time Im in a mood where Im angry and anxious and think 'why should I be a slave to society and have a career, I can't be bothered with anything, I don't want to be trapped and tied down to anything' but the other half of the time Im looking forward to it, feel it will suit me and my interests and feel its what I need to gain confidence/direction in life.

How am I suppsoed to know if I really want to do something when it just depends on my state of mind/mood?:confused: People say I need to be 100% sure and dedicated but Im sure this is a rare thing for anyone to be.

ReputationRep:
    Try it. If you dont like it, change and try something new.

When I grew up I wanted to be a scientist. Instead Ive been a lifeguard, barman, abseiling instructor, worked in IT and travelled across Australia.

Your plans will change as your life changes and you can honestly never know what you may be doing a few years from now. The best advice is to always do what you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    if ur following rules from a pamplet, tear it up and do something everyday that scares u, may sound impossible but defo achievable, all youll never luk bak again

(Original post by Reue)
    Try it. If you dont like it, change and try something new.

When I grew up I wanted to be a scientist. Instead Ive been a lifeguard, barman, abseiling instructor, worked in IT and travelled across Australia.

Your plans will change as your life changes and you can honestly never know what you may be doing a few years from now. The best advice is to always do what you enjoy.
    Thanks, thats good advice. A problem is Ive booked my accomadation and if Im not going ahead need to cancel it tomorrow. If I go ahead, try it and drop out I'l owe loads for accomodation fees I signed a contract for 6 months and will have to pay fees whether I live there or not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.