Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think? I know it's hard to find, but who likes it?

I make my own: just water, honey, and yeast. Sometimes rosehips, too, if they're in season.

Make my own. That reminds me: I need to make more. I need to get more demijohns.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!

I've never made my own, but one of my friends did once. It was variable - one batch was really tasty, the other one I tried wasn't so nice.

Other than that, I've had Lindisfarne Mead, some cheap one that they sold in Asda for a while (that wasn't so good), the one they sell in English Heritage gift shops, and the one they sell at Wacken Open Air metal festival in Germany (my friend bought several litres of the stuff in one of those camping water carrier things!)

But yeah, it's not something I get very often. The real ale festival at uni (Warwick) should have some, along with fruit wines and stuff. Looking forwards to that.

ReputationRep:
    Now and again yes... wouldnt want it every day though

ReputationRep:
    Yes, me and my boyfriend are going to make some, we have all the brewing kit because he makes beer occasionaly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my dad makes it all the time. We also make blackberry melomel (mead with fruit) which is the most delicious beverage on the planet ('cept cider o' course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    What do you think? I know it's hard to find, but who likes it?

I make my own: just water, honey, and yeast. Sometimes rosehips, too, if they're in season.

Make my own. That reminds me: I need to make more. I need to get more demijohns.
    You can get it in Morrissons in case you didn't know

(Original post by moomin_love)
    You can get it in Morrissons in case you didn't know
    Eh? Well I didn't know that. I might have to look in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    Yes, me and my boyfriend are going to make some, we have all the brewing kit because he makes beer occasionaly.
    I'm totally going to want in on that when it's ready I love it!

ReputationRep:
    never...looks like i should give it a go!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.