Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Thinking about buying a ukulele but got a question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I keep playing my friends ukulele's and I've decided I am going to buy one myself. I was just wondering if you can play songs using guitar chords. This is quite hard to get across but for example; the chords for keep fishin by Weezer on guitar are B, E, C#, F#. If I found out how to play these chords on the ukulele would it be the same?or are the chords completely different?

Cheers Dewi

ReputationRep:
    should be the same as it is a smaller version of a guitar...i think

ReputationRep:
    The chords would sound the same but would obviously not be the same pattern/pitch as on the guitar fretboard.

i.e. guitar = EADGBE and uke = GCEA

ReputationRep:
    I got a ukelele for Xmas with previous knowledge of playing the guitar. You can play all the same chords as those on the guitar but they are all higher pitched than on the guitar. So if u were to play the same ukelele chords over the same guitar chords, it would still sound great. I recommend getting one, I've not put it down since I got it. Btw learn Noah and the wale-5 years time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farrboy)
    I got a ukelele for Xmas with previous knowledge of playing the guitar. You can play all the same chords as those on the guitar but they are all higher pitched than on the guitar. So if u were to play the same ukelele chords over the same guitar chords, it would still sound great. I recommend getting one, I've not put it down since I got it. Btw learn Noah and the wale-5 years time
    All ready have

Cheers people for answering my question.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.