Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Abs sore for no reason watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A strange thing happened- my abs are really sore (the post-training kind of soreness, not some other kind) but I haven't done any abs exercises.
    However what I did do last training session after which the soreness started was clean and jerks which of course involves a lot of stabilizer muscle work to hold that weight steady overhead. Could this possibly be the cause of my ab soreness?

ReputationRep:
    Could be...Or maybe you have tape-worm and the pain is echoing throughout the lower gut area. Is this really important to know? I mean if it just feels like DOMS then wait a day or two and see if it subsides, if not go and get yourself checked out. Simple. We can't tell you the exact problem; this is The Student Room, not the NHS helpline.

ReputationRep:
    Well if I wasn't interested then I wouldn't be asking the question. And yes, it most definitely feels like DOMS.

I would have though your abs are used quite a lot in clean and jerks.

ReputationRep:
    If it feels like DOMS and you've been working out recently, it's DOMS.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    A strange thing happened- my abs are really sore (the post-training kind of soreness, not some other kind) but I haven't done any abs exercises.
    However what I did do last training session after which the soreness started was clean and jerks which of course involves a lot of stabilizer muscle work to hold that weight steady overhead. Could this possibly be the cause of my ab soreness?
    You answered your own question there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KK89)
    You answered your own question there.
    Ok. I just wanted confirmation if what I did might have been enough to cause soreness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    Ok. I just wanted confirmation if what I did might have been enough to cause soreness.
    Clean and jerk uses your abs as stabilizers. If it's the first time doing c&j then it's normal your abs will be sore the day after.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.