Turn on thread page Beta

I've never been this late before; I took a pregnancy test when I was 1 1/2 weeks late, and then another 9 days after (as in 2 days ago) which both came back negative. I've had exams, but I haven't been particularly stressed or anything, I haven't been on any birth control in over a year, and I am a healthy weight. The possibility of me being pregnant is quite small as my boyfriend has never came inside of me as well.

Anyone got any ideas? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ideas?

Take a test again later until you feel you're not pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    Take a test again or get a test from the doctor. Otherwise, if your not, it can be many things and nothing to worry about.

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Ideas?

Take a test again later until you feel you're not pregnant?
    As in does anyone know what else it could be?

I wouldn't be worried normally, it's just nagging at me that I've never been this late so I need to be absolutely sure.

(Original post by ABeautifulMind)
    Take a test again or get a test from the doctor. Otherwise, if your not, it can be many things and nothing to worry about.
    If it hadn't come by next weekend I was planning to. Just really confused as to what it could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If it hadn't come by next weekend I was planning to. Just really confused as to what it could be.

For example, it could be that your cycle is syncing with someone else's e.g mum or close friend. Mine went weird for a while and now me and my mum start on the same day lol. Change of diet even, it does not have to be that you are an unhealthy weight, but if you are eating different foods etc this can have an effect. You must consider also that you won't always be guarenteed to have perfect once a month periods. Mine are only regular because I was put on the pill to regulate them, before that I could have months between them, or they would come once a month.

ReputationRep:
    As in does anyone know what else it could be?
    You mean other than a missed or late period? :lolwut:

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You mean other than a missed or late period? :lolwut:
    Haha no, I mean any other reasons for being this late :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha no, I mean any other reasons for being this late :p:
    It happens. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure you can miss periods and not be preggers but i'd go to the docs and get one done there...

ReputationRep:
    You may be under stress from the exam which could be it.. go to the doctors just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you're pregnant. It's probably just your body messing up to play with your head.. talk to a doctor if it hasn't come by Friday morning (then u can book an appointment then). Do you feel when you ovulate? As periods tend to come 14ish days after ovulation.

Yeah, I doubt I am pregnant, more just concerning me that I've been having periods for the past 7 years and I've *never* been this late. I haven't been able to take a test in the morning yet so it might be that my urine was too diluted to pick up the hormones, so I'm planning to take another one this weekend. If there's still nothing when I'm hitting 5 weeks, then I'll get a blood test from a doctor. Thank you everyone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.