GCSE Creative Writing Coursework Watch

Yooth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
"The sea was monstrous, angrily roaring up the shore in a seemingly confused and bewildered manner. The beach, in contrast, was as calm as the sky above it, and was coloured a bright yellow hue by the sunlight beaming down onto each and every grain of sand. The weather was quiet, and the fluffy clouds were widely dispersed in the clear blue sky, allowing maximal sunlight to filter down onto the land. Seagulls dominated the lower sky, squawking at the strangers below them, ducking and diving with excitement whenever a new piece of food presented itself on the still, dry sand. On one side of the beach, a cliff extended high up in the sky and reached out into the watery depths of the sea. The top of the cliff was covered in lustrous grass but it quickly gave way to a steep drop, where the rough and uneven cliff edge met with sharp rock in one jagged mess. To any passers-by, the beach looked as pure as driven snow, although they could not see what lurked behind its misleading serenity".

This is just the introduction. I'm not finished yet but I was wondering what this would currently be graded in your opinion.

Thanks in advance, quick feedback please?!

Yooth.
Yooth
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Bump? I really need feedback on this!
nebby
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey there,

the first phrase, i doubt that the sea would be both angry and bewlidered. dosen't quite make sense. one or the other is fine though.
also some kind of metaphor would get you more marks too.
i would make much more of the contrast between the two sides of the clif, the beach and the rocks.
perhaps the rocks could have some kind of danger metaphor?
i would also expand more, but that is just my writing style.
i would expect you to get an A for this but it could easily be pushed up to an A *. of course, i would have to read the rest.

good luck anyway.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (108)
95.58%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (5)
4.42%

Watched Threads