Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah, just scan and send

ReputationRep:
    can some on help me out here please? i did my gcse and then i came to usa for one year. now i am planning to come back to do a levels but in one year with, completeing my as level in oct/nov 2010 session and A2 level in maj/june 2011 so i can save one year. and i wonna get admission in acturial science or ifrm from cass or lse but i m confused that i cannot apply for early admission coz i wont have my as level grades and if i apply in normal admission session all the places would be taken and i wont get admission. can some one help me out here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlaa:))
    Thanks! Congrats to you too...

I don't know if im going to accept it yet, I haven't chosen my firm. Going back to city uni next week to see again lol i can't pick. You firming Cass then??
    Yeah... I'm firming it. I heard the course is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to the Open Day next thursday, should be good
    im currently at sixth form doing my AS.
    and interested in doing Investment and Financial Risk Management, the course looks amazing...
    hopefully the day will be good

ReputationRep:
    Offer for IFRM, grades AAB in Maths, Further Maths and Economics. This is my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    what are your other choices?
    My insurance is Accounting and Finace at Bristol for ABB.

ReputationRep:
    Actuarial Science AAA!

ReputationRep:
    Accounting and Finance: Unconditional
    Economics and Accountacny: Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$HI$H)
    Accounting and Finance: Unconditional
    Economics and Accountacny: Unconditional
    congrats! accounting and finance is gonna be one amazing course at Cass... they already have recieved 800 applications for just 40 places! well done on the offer:yep:

ReputationRep:
    where'd you find that out?
    I study at Cass, and on the student council. Where we sit and discuss all this crap every month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uzi Rox)
    congrats! accounting and finance is gonna be one amazing course at Cass... they already have recieved 800 applications for just 40 places! well done on the offer:yep:

Thanks, its my firm choice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    What's your insurance?

I didnt know you could apply for Cass and City. Tbh if you can apply for two courses I'd ask them to make your second choice IFRM or BIF, not Econ & Acc.
    My insurance is Economics and Finance at Queen Mary.
    I prefer the modules in econ and acc as its more academic, someone i know who graduated from Econ and Acc(he acheived a upper 2.1) 2-3 years ago now works at morgan stanley as a trader. I guess it depends on what you prefer really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matheo!)
    The best universities have a thread like this - Why not CASS BUSINESS SCHOOL which is one of the top business schools in UK!!!!!!!!!!

Post (1) your Name, (2) your Course, (3) your Grades, (4) your Offer and anything you like ...
    I have an offer for Insurance & Risk Management. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Management (Bsc)
    Offer: Unconditional

I had the informal phone interview and it went pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    I want to believe that Cass is really a great school. I saw that some of its courses are the best in London, according to Guardian. But then, why does not anyone know about it? I have friends going to schools like Imperial or Cambridge, and they have no clue what "City" and, more importantly, "Cass" are. Everyone knows LSE and UCL and KCL and Imprerial. What about Cass? I hold an offer from Cass, and I will probably go there next year, but I'm kinda worried... While, employers might know about Cass, ordinary people and university students in London have no clue about it. WHY?

P.s. When I applied to my course, I thought Cass would be my safety, as I had never heard about this school before. Only later did I find out that Cass is a good place, and eventually it became my firm...

ReputationRep:
    what's you insurance?
    My insurance is Queen Mary. However, I'm still waiting for KCL. If get an offer from them, that would become my firm.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer for international banking and finance at cass a few months ago..however am really confused...nottingham business school has a really good reputation and i got a conditional offer from nottingham...
    any advice which is better???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sallyj)
    i got an offer for international banking and finance at cass a few months ago..however am really confused...nottingham business school has a really good reputation and i got a conditional offer from nottingham...
    any advice which is better???
    Cass business school is much better ... my opinion. I am studying there! Cass is in London , the best best business school from Financial Times for undergraduate courses!

ReputationRep:
    but dont you miss campus life ??? i am more of a campus person although i have lived in d city all my lifeee...all my friends are goin to london to study so i really wanna go to cass..
    would it be really expensive living in the city??? i got an offer from manchester too..manchester ranks 26th in the world which is reallly good...
    hopefully i shall com to cass.got an offer of 35 IB grade pointss

ReputationRep:
    but isnt cass in the city..so the social life would be way better out there...Thnnx a lot fo all the advice..i gues i havta choose between nottingham and cass for my firm and insurance choice..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.