Turn on thread page Beta

Advice - Went on a date last night! watch

Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me! Although we dated for about five weeks, I was fed up of doing all the chasing and decided to let her do some of the work, but she never really initiated or texted. I just gave up in the end It is was really confusing.

ReputationRep:
    My god you're weird OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunster1337)
    Hi guys, just want some advice, maybe im just being an idiot and insecure!

Basically went on a date with a girl i met on facebook on saturday night, we met the sunday before and we're talking by text/phone on and off throughout the week before the date. It was mostly me who was initiating contact through the week, she didnt call me once but replied to all my texts.

Anyways, We went on this date and in my opinion the date went very well, ended with a kiss on the cheek and a hug and we discussed going on a second date in a couple of weeks. (I didnt want to go for the killer kiss because i didnt want to seem to forward and really like her)

Anyways, she text me later on the date night saying she had a nice time and i replied etc.

Today morning i called her and spoke to her for a while just generally, told her to call me if she gets bored in the train later and wants to talk.

I didnt recieve the call and havent heard from her all day, does this mean shes not interested anymore? I don't want to be the one who's always initating contact! Should i text and say goodnight tonight or call or should i just leave it till tomorrow and see if i hear from her?
    Hope you guys understand that its gotta be a 2 way thing!!

Thanks!!

hey pal..PLS DO NOT CONTACT HER ANYMORE......for real...you have done everything u need to do to let her know u fancy her...for real...just relax...if she doesnt call/text u, then maybe she doesnt like u...but u wuld have to play the waiting game to find out...just relax and keep urself occupied...if she is meant for u, she will call....otherwise....just relax and let her do the callin for now...u have done everything u could possibly do...u want to keep her guessing.....thats the key

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're seeming a bit clingy :p: i had something like this happen, met on a night out, date, bumped into her again (was a gooood night ) but i initiated most of the convo's nd after the time i bumped into her i was asking her if u fancy going out again blah blah, said she had exams etc (fair nuf i guess) i replied and txt bk a few days later, didn't hear from her since though i was talking to one of her m8's a few days ago and she apparently got a new phone... too bad i puked right in front of this said m8, little chance now haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the continued support guys, i still havent heard from her and neither have i been in touch. Your right that if she is meant for me she will call me or text, just a waiting game.. although im getting less fussed about her with everyday that pasts.. I'm thinking shes waiting for me to make a move again but it aint going to happen for now, gotta keep the balance right guys?

ReputationRep:
    guys, still not heard nothing, what shall i do next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunster1337)
    guys, still not heard nothing, what shall i do next?
    Move on. She blew her chance with you, stud.

ReputationRep:
    chill out
    if you seem too keen you'll scare her off
    you'll have more to talk about if you see her after a few days

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.