Help: Dropped out of University and now regretting it.. Watch

LadyJazzles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So I dropped out of my first year a couple of months ago and now I'm totally regretting it, as I know I made the hastiest and possibly worst decision of my life.

Could it possibly get any worse?

I'd really like to go back to university but I have no idea if they will allow me back on my course or whether I should just reapply for another uni..

Bah! Any suggestions guys?
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
reapply?
NoneGuy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I see it has really screwed up your font there...

I suggest you reapply if you think you have the stamina to last longer than 5 seconds.
cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is your name Hannah by any chance?

Anyway, I'd say the best thing is to contact your uni and talk to them about your situation and make it clear you made a huge mistake, and whether they would consider taking you back on. If not, reapply. HOwever, that's only if you're sure you'd be able to last next time...
LadyJazzles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Haha, no not Hannah, why?

Yes, you're probably right. I have contacted my Uni and they've told me that I basically have to reapply now for next year.. So I have to go through the whole UCAS thing all over again, which is a pain, but I know it's my own fault, so don't worry..

I left because I felt like the course/location wasn't all too great, but looking back on it now I've realised that I was just really very homesick and not coping with the transition very well. I was a total fool! Grrr.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
reapply
graemematt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Contact the University yourself and see what they say. It's as simple as that really
graemematt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
...oops, sorry, just read your recent message. In that case, yeah, reapply. You're a good enough candidate for university as you've already said, so you wont have any worries. Furthermore if the location bothered you, why not consider a different uni to try out? You have this opportunity now, maybe you should do some research into available degrees
wordsearch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went back in clearing the following year. They never ask whether you've been there before or anything like that.
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
Forgive yourself for making such a rash decision. Then reapply.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
as others have said, reapply.
kratos90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well you re-apply through ucas. However the deadline has passed now so it will be treated as a late application.
BlueLips
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LadyJazzles)
I left because I felt like the course/location wasn't all too great, but looking back on it now I've realised that I was just really very homesick and not coping with the transition very well. I was a total fool! Grrr.
I was in the exactly same situation a year ago! The course and uni weren't ideal for me but I should have sticked with it. It was more about homesickness and the whole big change in life. It took me about a week to realize that after I had gone home. I'm now on my second gap year and reapplying to different unis and slightly different course.

We all make stupid decisions at some point in our lives :yep: . You just have to keep trying and learn from them.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads