Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Phd at Columbia watch

Right, looking a little further ahead here! I'm hopefully going to be studying at LSE for my Masters this September, but after that I'm very interested in continuing for a Phd. My top choice is Columbia, but I'm very confused about the whole process. Obviously, I need to be applying in the Autumn term (this coming autumn), which means I'll have to sit the GMAT and other tests over the summer, is this correct?

Also, when do applications tend to open up for the US schools?

(Original post by CalumAH)
    Also, when do applications tend to open up for the US schools?
    They generally open between August 1st and September 1st (but it depends on the institution), but they close anytime between December 1st and February 1st (for middle to top tier institutions - it can be as late as the beginning of May for bottom tier institutions).
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.