Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so, my girl cheated on me... Watch

Yeah so iv been with this girl for around a year, we have had our ups and downs, pretty standard stuff. She told me she got with someone else a week after she did. I'm obviously pretty cut up about it, but i love the girl so ******* much, i can see past something like this. The next time i see the guy..i'm gonna smack him...a lot.

I guess there are probably loads of these threads, and i know no-one can tell me what to do, but has anyone been in this situation? thoughts?

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    yes, most girls do at one time or another, Its just a case of picking yourself up and moving on. Easier said than done I must admit. There is no easy solution to getting over a break up im afriad, I know i looked. Regards to beating the guy up...whats the point? It took two to do it, As the anger rages i know its tought to remember this, Take her down off the pedastal and look at it logically. Its a waste of time. Chin up mate,

ReputationRep:
    Leave here mate... If you give her a chance she will do it again!

Suck it up and move on... cut out the "I love her soooo much" ******** too.... ******* man up!

i usually get dumped after cheating :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    May I ask you to vote on my other thread. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Just two questions

1. your going to basically kill the guy? but it takes 2 to cheat, she was as involved as the other boy if not more involved because she knew she was cheating and he might not have known about you.

2. can you acually forgive her, I mean theres a big gap between saying its ok and thinking it

just something to think about

edit: im not saying he should beat up anyone but blame the girl as much as the boy

ReputationRep:
    Leave her!

If she cheated on you, she doesn't love you, if she doesn't love you, why be with her?

Gather your male friends, go out and get really pissed.

If you distract yourself from the situation, you'll get over her more quickly than you can imagine. No one ever believes it when they are feeling the heartbreak, but it's so true, I promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ..i'm gonna smack him...a lot.
    Did the guy know she had a bf?

(Original post by judicious)
    Leave here mate... If you give her a chance she will do it again!

Suck it up and move on... cut out the "I love her soooo much" ******** too.... ******* man up!
    Not every girl cheats again after cheating the 1st time. I cheated once on my bf, told him straight away and we got through it. Was nearly a year ago now and I've not even looked at another person since, and stopped getting drunk coz I know I couldn't hurt him like that again.

Some of us do learn from our mistakes. But I know others don't.

OP it is up too you what you think is right. If you trust that she won;t do it again (i.e. if she is really sorry and you can really tell that she is sorry) and you can move past it then go for it. However if you feel that she has the capacity to do it again, then get out of there now and move on. Best of luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    Just two questions

1. your going to basically kill the guy? but it takes 2 to cheat, she was as involved as the other boy if not more involved because she knew she was cheating and he might not have known about you.
    He obviously should not beat up the girl too like you are suggesting. Even though she deserves it, it is still very wrong to physically overpower a female.

I say OP, beat the **** out of the prick who ****** your girl but dont get tempted by posts like this one to do the same thing to your girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moa)
    He obviously should not beat up the girl too like you are suggesting. Even though she deserves it, it is still very wrong to physically overpower a female.

I say OP, beat the **** out of the prick who ****** your girl but dont get tempted by posts like this one to do the same thing to your girl
    im not saying he should beat up anyone but blame the girl as much as the boy

ReputationRep:
    The lad should hold no responsibility for his actions. If you were in his position and it was his gf you would have done the same thing ( unless you're worried about how he would react). It is the person who is in the relationship responsibility to not cheat not for every lad in the local area to disallow it from happening if she makes advances. You should put all the blame entirely on the girl and not even change your attitude of the lad. Does anyone disagree with these if so why?

ReputationRep:
    I'd blame your girlfriend! Like the above post says, you shouldn't blame the lad, he has done what most men would have done and pulled her if it was a possibility!
    And how did he know she was in a relationship?
    The sole blame should be on your girlfriend!
    if you can work through it then good luck to you!
    but this has happened to me and things werent the same after she told me!

ReputationRep:
    Cheat on her!!
    and of course nail everyone possible!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy786)
    of course nail everyone possible!!!
    Best advice going:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah so iv been with this girl for around a year, we have had our ups and downs, pretty standard stuff. She told me she got with someone else a week after she did. I'm obviously pretty cut up about it, but i love the girl so ******* much, i can see past something like this. The next time i see the guy..i'm gonna smack him...a lot.

I guess there are probably loads of these threads, and i know no-one can tell me what to do, but has anyone been in this situation? thoughts?

thanks guys
    Lol, I'm still astonished that it seems funny to me :rofl:

OP, just dump her.

ReputationRep:
    Just dump her. Sucks in the short term, easier in the long term.

And before you knock the guys lights out check he knew about you and her, if it was a random guy then you cant really blame him that much, if he knew about the 2 of you then do as you please.

ReputationRep:
    She obviously doesnt love you as much as you love her. Wont staying with her now just make you more miserable? Will you even be able to trust her again?

ReputationRep:
    She is a whore. Dump her.

ReputationRep:
    Finish it.

It's never gonna work when she cheated on you; you will never trust her, every time you see her you'll think of what she did and it will never return to how it was before.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.