Turn on thread page Beta

Lady Gaga and Elton John duet watch

ReputationRep:

She just leaves me in awe, amazing performer :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Aaah love lady gaga :love:

such a great performer, thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I used to think she was another crazy run of the mill singer who had been moulded by a record company, and who had crazy hair to get attention. Her interview with Jonathan Ross did nothing to help her really. But having seen some of her recent performances and interviews she does actually seem really articulate and there's a real reasoning behind why she does the songs she does. That duet was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, thanks for that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I like Lady Gaga. After the JR show I honestly didn't think she could sing live. But she's got talent and makes catchy (all be it sometimes weird) tunes.

ReputationRep:
    whos that annoying black man

ReputationRep:
    She's so damn good live! Unlike most artists she knows how to write, play and sing her own songs as well as putting on a good show.

She's far from the manufactured pop of Britney that so many people wrongly compare her too. Lady Gaga seems a true artist who actually cares about what she does and puts a ton of effort into her live shows. However, it seems that all her live UK appearances are never as good as her US ones! It's a shame because I think a lot of people here still think she's just about the 'wacky outfits'. She may not be to everyones tastes, but I don't think you can argue with the fact that she pretty much dominated 2009.

How is she going to come back with something bigger after the huge success of The Fame/The Fame Monster?

ReputationRep:
    She deserves more credit than a lot of people give her; She's got one of the best stage presence and on of the stronger voices in pop.

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce had the performance of the night, but GaGa's was decent as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    She's so damn good live! Unlike most artists she knows how to write, play and sing her own songs as well as putting on a good show.

She hasn't written any of her songs since 'Just Dance'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    Did not know this. I swear she wrote 'Speechless'? I always thought she had a lot of input into her records even if she doesn't work completely on her own.

I'm not a massive fan, but I always assumed this was true!

(Original post by MDEH8176)
    Did not know this. I swear she wrote 'Speechless'? I always thought she had a lot of input into her records even if she doesn't work completely on her own.

I'm not a massive fan, but I always assumed this was true!
    Hmmm I doubt people like her produce their own content, annnd hey you!

ReputationRep:
    Just wow

ReputationRep:
    Was a good performance and im not the biggest of fans

ReputationRep:
    Amazing! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)

She just leaves me in awe, amazing performer :yep:
    I'm not a fan but I actually really enjoyed that... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    She deserves more credit than a lot of people give her; She's got one of the best stage presence and one of the stronger voices in pop.
    This. She's a breath of fresh air in pop music and one of the best characters to emerge in popular music in years.

Plus, she's mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    She has a writing credit on every song she has released. She used to write songs for other artists before she became a performer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    She has a writing credit on every song she has released. She used to write songs for other artists before she became a performer.
    Ryan Tedder (songwriter/producer for Kelly Clarkson/Beyonce/Cheryl Cole and singer of One republic, among others), with the help of Gaga's producer RedOne re- writes almost every tune Gaga submits in pre-production to sound completely different - often the only thing that stays the same are the drum beats; they had to write all the lyrics on 'Just Dance'. They generally aren't credited as Lady Gaga wants to protect her identity as a songwriter, because of this they both take a pretty hefty percentage of her sales.....

Source: I worked with her Producer 'RedOne' in his studio in LA for 3 months.

To be honest it doesn't really matter who writes the tunes, she's a good enough performer anyway!

ReputationRep:
    was amazing .. really cool...
    Lady Gaga the best!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.