Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why is this rediculous arguement still being banded around. Purely from observation and experiences, black people are better at sport with caucasian people generally being more intelligent.

Take dogs as an example, some breeds are better at running others are better at killing and so on. A the end of the day they are still the same species of animal just as we humans are the same species. It just seems obvious to me that different races are better at different things. As with anything there are exceptions.

I await negative rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Sorry, no excuses, I was out of line with that cocky comment. I could give the reason (not the justification) behind it, very simply; stress and tiredomnessticisty...

With regards to having barely started I can only wonder if you know just how broad a subject it is?
    Have you ever studied philosophy past the very basic Kant and utilitarianism?
    If I was studying a degree in history for example, it doesn't matter how broad it is, if I've just started...I've just started. The subject being broad doesn't change that.

I have never studied philosophy and don't want to, but I would be interested in what you are learning about if you want to tell me.

Oh and about the cocky comment you made, yes it was out of line and completely unnecessary, but not many people would appologise, so its fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    If I was studying a degree in history for example, it doesn't matter how broad it is, if I've just started...I've just started. The subject being broad doesn't change that.

I have never studied philosophy and don't want to, but I would be interested in what you are learning about if you want to tell me.

Oh and about the cocky comment you made, yes it was out of line and completely unnecessary, but not many people would appologise, so its fine
    Perhaps that one was, however your comments on philosophy and my ability to grasp language appear to be complete horse ****.
    You don't have any idea about what's being spoken about, yet make presumptions on what I've said:/.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps that one was, however your comments on philosophy and my ability to grasp language appear to be complete horse ****.
    You don't have any idea about what's being spoken about, yet make presumptions on what I've said:/.
    You are doing it again :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob6709)
    Why is this rediculous arguement still being banded around. Purely from observation and experiences, black people are better at sport with caucasian people generally being more intelligent.

Take dogs as an example, some breeds are better at running others are better at killing and so on. A the end of the day they are still the same species of animal just as we humans are the same species. It just seems obvious to me that different races are better at different things. As with anything there are exceptions.

I await negative rep
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You are doing it again :erm:

(Original post by me)
    I've done an A level in English language, a module in critical thinking, and I'm a second year philosophy student working his way around the semantics and lexis used in different arguments (of course on a very simplified level, but it's not easy task, and I've barely started)
    (Original post by you)

With all due respect, see the bold.
    (Original post by you)
    The subject being broad doesn't change that.

So basically you have little to no idea about what I have or haven't studied, or any philosophy, yet presume to take a random stab at the dark based entirely on ignorance.

I may have been out of line with the cocky line, but you are talking horse **** about that.

ReputationRep:
    Fail:

(Original post by neg)
    race and intelligence 01-02-2010 23:16 mathperson Why the **** are you being so rude to that dude
    Because if you don't have an ally, assuming an anon state and backing yourself up by not signing the neg will help your argument.
    What you didn't know is that subscribers can see who the rep and who gives them rep.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you have little to no idea about what I have or haven't studied, or any philosophy, yet presume to take a random stab at the dark based entirely on ignorance.

I may have been out of line with the cocky line, but you are talking horse **** about that.
    I'm having a 'random stab in the dark' based entirely on logic.

Anyway, if you want to behave in such a disrespectful manner, I'll just go.

You are the most rude, disrespectful person I've ever came across.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter whether blacks are genetically less intelligent or not, they are still human, and have the potential to be of above average intelligence and thus should be treated as such. it may just be the case that this potnentialios not as high as it is for members of other races

personally i dont not think there is any correlation between race and intelligence....a cultural difference in percieved intelligence due to 'work ethic'? maybe....but if that is the case then maybe us 'white britons' should stop talking...

ReputationRep:

I await negative rep

No negative rep but I think you fail to realise that lower achievement does not equal less intelligent.

I did **** in my GCSEs scraping Cs and the like, but I did really well in my A levels and was just off a first for my degree. My intelligence wasnt the variant, whilst my motivation and effort WAS and produced the different results.

If you are clever and cant be arsed, you're not going to do as well in exams/schoolwork/any academia.

If you're not that bright but have a good working ethic, you will most likely acheive better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a 'random stab in the dark' based entirely on logic.

Anyway, if you want to behave in such a disrespectful manner, I'll just go.

You are the most rude, disrespectful person I've ever came across.
    Logic?
    So your logic is:
    I don't know what he has or hasn't studied.
    I shall scream around random acquisitions about his ability to use the English language.
    I will suggest courses for him (and at the time you didn't know I've done English Language at A level).
    I will make judgements on what he has or hasn't learnt on a philosophy course I know nothing about based on the fact that he's barely touched upon the subject of philosophy, due to the fact that no 19 year old could hope to, there have been a lot of philosophical writings over the course of history.

I will basically talk out my arse.
    Edit:
    Oh and the rudest person you've come across?
    Get real and stop being a melodramatic ****:rolleyes:

If I really am then I highly doubt you've come across another human being than your own mother.

ReputationRep:

I await negative rep

your dogs example is flawed, for the breeds which have such traits as you described have been selectively bred, and thus can still interbreed, making them the same species. without selective breeding, we would have to look at a wolf as better at killing than a bloodhound....and i'd like to see you breed a wolf with a bloodhound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    No negative rep but I think you fail to realise that lower achievement does not equal less intelligent.

I did **** in my GCSEs scraping Cs and the like, but I did really well in my A levels and was just off a first for my degree. My intelligence wasnt the variant, whilst my motivation and effort WAS and produced the different results.

If you are clever and cant be arsed, you're not going to do as well in exams/schoolwork/any academia.

If you're not that bright but have a good working ethic, you will most likely acheive better.

i try to tell people this all the time, yet they still wont repect my intelligence :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Logic?
    So your logic is:
    I don't know what he has or hasn't studied.
    I shall scream around random acquisitions about his ability to use the English language.
    I will suggest courses for him (and at the time you didn't know I've done English Language at A level).
    I will make judgements on what he has or hasn't learnt on a philosophy course I know nothing about based on the fact that he's barely touched upon the subject of philosophy, due to the fact that no 19 year old could hope to, there have been a lot of philosophical writings over the course of history.

I will basically talk out my arse.
    I think you'll find that my mathematical talk about percentages and the normal distribution is logic, where is yours.

lol,
    you suggested a course for me...critical thinking :rolleyes:
    It doesn't matter whether you are 19 or whether the subject is broad, if you have only just started it then you don't know much about it.

Anyway I tried helping you see your logical flaw in your origional statement:

Originally Posted by mathperson
    Bold:

Most blacks are less intelligent that most whites means that >50% of blacks are less intelligent that >/50% of whites (>/ means greater than or equal to).
    However, all blacks are less intelligent than most whites means 100% of blacks are less intelligent than >/50% of whites.
    Do you see the contradiction there?
    If you don't, and if you know what a normal distribution is, try drawing 2 normal distributions and see how they differ.

It is not people being racist if statistics show it to be probably true/untrue.

However all you do is be rude.

Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    I think Intelligence is nothing to do with race, it depends on where you were born and brought up. Your education, and the people around you that raise you, and how much effort they put in.

ReputationRep:
    I've met dumb Black/White/Asian people, and I've met intelligent Black/White/Asian people.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find that my mathematical talk about percentages and the normal distribution is logic, where is yours.

lol,
    you suggested a course for me...critical thinking :rolleyes:
    It doesn't matter whether you are 19 or whether the subject is broad, if you have only just started it then you don't know much about it.

Anyway I tried helping you see your logical flaw in your origional statement:

Originally Posted by mathperson
    Bold:

Most blacks are less intelligent that most whites means that >50% of blacks are less intelligent that >/50% of whites (>/ means greater than or equal to).
    However, all blacks are less intelligent than most whites means 100% of blacks are less intelligent than >/50% of whites.
    Do you see the contradiction there?
    If you don't, and if you know what a normal distribution is, try drawing 2 normal distributions and see how they differ.

It is not people being racist if statistics show it to be probably true/untrue.

However all you do is be rude.

Goodbye.
    You're a ******* moron.
    I asked you to explain something, and instead you commented on how much I did or didn't know about philosophy.
    It's ironic that you dare to even bring up the controversial topic of 'knowledge'.

ReputationRep:
    You're a ******* moron.
    I asked you to explain something, and instead you commented on how much I did or didn't know about philosophy.
    It's ironic that you dare to even bring up the controversial topic of 'knowledge'.
    bold: why do you be horrible to me?

I'm sorry, what do you want me to explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    Jews are a race. Islam and Christianity is not, however.

There is a distinct difference between Judaism and all other religions in the fact that it is very difficult to convert into, and to be born "Jewish," your mother must be a Jew.
    Thats where you are wrong! Both arabs and most of the non-settled jews are of Haplogroup-J which includes Sub-group J1 and J2,so.. how did you come up with that statement? I agree though that Most not all of the Muslims are not closely genetically related but most diversity of this group is found in large numbers from levantine region, sub-Saharan area to the starts of the south-east boundary.

ReputationRep:
    bold: why do you be horrible to me?

I'm sorry, what do you want me to explain?
    I'm horrible to you because you are consistently being a moron. You are making unfounded claims and speaking as if they are factual then later admitting you're clueless on the topic at hand.

See you speaking on my ability to use language and philosophy.

What I've asked you to explain you will find in our earlier posts.

Is English your first language because your writing style is horrible.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.