Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to find out some opinions
    I moved into halls in September at Dundee uni and although I've made friends with my flatmates, none of them seem like close friends or people I really 'click' with if you get what I mean?
    I've been giving myself a chance to settle in but as time goes on I just miss my family, boyfriend and friends in Glasgow. I know they aren't too far away but I think I would just prefer to move back home and apply for Glasgow uni as I feel really alone up here! What do you guys think?
    I'd feel like a bit of a failure if I moved back home..

ReputationRep:
    I felt exactly the same way at almost exactly the same time when I was a first year at Imperial 4 years ago. I just wish I'd stayed, I really regretted it afterwards. See this term out and see how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsch)
    I felt exactly the same way at almost exactly the same time when I was a first year at Imperial 4 years ago. I just wish I'd stayed, I really regretted it afterwards. See this term out and see how you feel.
    Why did you regret it afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalouiseyyy)
    Why did you regret it afterwards?
    Grass is always greener... When you're 18 or 19, in fact since you're Scottish, 17 you can get a little bit lonely, things don't pan out exactly the way you thought and suddenly it's a big deal. Honestly, I dropped out because I had some winter blues. Most people drop out around now in their first year.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like since I've got here I'm a lot lot sadder though so can't really just be grass is greener?

ReputationRep:
    There is no shame in dropping out of Uni especiallly if you will be going to another next year!! And IMHO life is too short to be unhappy for any extended period of time, at least if it can be helped!! So basically I'd say if you really cant see yourself getting any happier at Dundee in the future, and going back home will make you happy then there is only one choice you should make!!
    Have you spoken to your friends/family/boyfriend? What do they think??

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.