Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to get over the past (getting me seriously depressed)? watch

ReputationRep:
    ok something happen to me about a month ago.it was the worst humiliation of my life and its getting me seriously depressed. i have never experienced anything like this. weeks ago i coudnt think of anything but wat happaned and getting headache because of it. not eating properly, like sleeping all the time to get over it, not go out and even thought of suicidal.sometime screaming and nearly crying.i dunno whats goin on i come down last week now its happening again. i seriously need help this is ruining my life. anyone felt lik this? how did thy deal with it

ReputationRep:
    Without knowing what the problem was, I'd suggest you seek counselling about the way you are feeling and thinking. Does anyone else know about what happened? Sometimes just telling someone and sharing your thoughts with them can help.

ReputationRep:
    i am just finding it to embarrassing to say it. i was justlooking for to se anyon experienced anything like this and how they dealt with it

ReputationRep:
    your still alive. there ha been plenty of new days since the incident, and there will be lots more. just get over it i say. no point dwelling and wasting your life on something.

ReputationRep:
    Tell yourself everything happens for a reason

ReputationRep:
    anyone ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmoviesmanga)
    anyone ?
    It is hard for us to relate to something that we don't exactly know what it is?
    i) Did you cause it?
    ii) Were there witnesses?

Elaborate more otherwise we can't help you.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing more about what happened would really help :\
    But you can always talk to someone about what happened- it doesn't have to be a counsellor, just a friend or something

ReputationRep:
    Wow this must be serious if it's got you suicidal. The best thing to do (and the hardest) is to accept that it's happened and feeling the way you do isn't exactly going to rewind time.

ReputationRep:
    Have you had a proper talk about it with a close one? I hope that you haven't been keeping it to yourself.

When I am depressed, praying helps...not sure if you believe in a God though.:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmoviesmanga)
    ok something happen to me about a month ago.it was the worst humiliation of my life and its getting me seriously depressed. i have never experienced anything like this. weeks ago i coudnt think of anything but wat happaned and getting headache because of it. not eating properly, like sleeping all the time to get over it, not go out and even thought of suicidal.sometime screaming and nearly crying.i dunno whats goin on i come down last week now its happening again. i seriously need help this is ruining my life. anyone felt lik this? how did thy deal with it

Calm down, just try to relax a bit more. Concentrate on the positive aspects of your life rather than the negatives. And tolerate the aftermath of whatever happened. Bad things happen in life for one reason, to make us stronger as a person.

ReputationRep:
    Try and get your thoughts into perspective a bit- ok i don't know what this humiliating thing was but think about what it means & why its important and how likely the conclusions are that you draw from it.

Eg if your train of thought is going "they all know/saw *x*....thus they all think i am *y*...... i can never *z* ever again..." try and work out how many baseless conclusions you are jumping to- do you have any proof of what people think? does that necessarily prove anything else? is anyone else as bothered by this humiliating thing as you are? how likely is it that you will remember it in five years time?

every time you come back to a horrible thought take a deep breath and try to re evaluate what it means and what importance it has to your life. best of luck xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.