Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late buying an xbox 360 elite now? watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I want to buy a 360 elite with a few games

BUT the thing is that most of the games I want i.e. halo3, gearsof war/2 call of duty 4 - no one plays these games anymore and i'll be the only n00b on xbl that plays these old games .

Also, I dunno whether to save my money and wait for the new xbox coming out in a few years.. or just spend the 300+ now?

Help appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    not sure about gears but TONS of people still play both halo 2 and 3. On halo 3 you should still 200k + players.

right now there are 104,540 players online and there has been 655,995 unique gamer tags logged on in the last 24 hrs.

...youll be fine.

here's a total of Halo: ODST, Halo 3 and halo 2:

http://www.bungie.net/online/default.aspx

changes with every refresh, most of them will be on Halo 3. I'm not sure if it counts using the ODST multiplayer disk as ODST or Halo 3, since it's basically just a Halo 3 multiplayer disk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)

BUT the thing is that most of the games I want i.e. halo3, gearsof war/2 call of duty 4 - no one plays these games anymore and i'll be the only n00b on xbl that plays these old games .

Also, I dunno whether to save my money and wait for the new xbox coming out in a few years.. or just spend the 300+ now?

Help appreciated, thanks

get a ps3 or wait for the new xbox... don't buy an xbox 360 now... i think its too late... get ps3... there is heaps of new games that are coming out. MAG is orgasmic and killzone 2 and call of duty mw2. yeah thats just my opinion. you won't regret buying a ps3.

ReputationRep:
    Its never too late boy, i got mine 4 months ago n im "accepted" in the regular group of mates on xbox live, finally i can compete with them specially on fifa

ReputationRep:
    Halo reach is coming out, Gears 3 is coming out all games on Xbox 360 look VASTLY better than on PS3 (yes I said it).

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to get the best home console out there.

Hardly anybody seems to care for Gears anymore and I didn't really spend much time on 2 even though I loved the original. Don't worry about the amount of players and their skill level - there will always be people worse and better than you on every game.

I wouldn't go for the PS3 (as some people are suggesting) just because it's 'newer'. The 360 has great exclusives, e.g. the Halo series, Gears, Fable 2, Fable 3 (when it's released), Crackdown (sequel coming out this year), Lost Odyssey, Shadowrun, the PGR games, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 2, which has one of the best single player campaigns ever.

You've got such a huge back catalogue of amazing games to play. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Nah 360 rocks You could get a PS3 but more expensive + all good games seem to be ported onto it anyway and, in my opinion, never seem to look quite as good. By the time the PS3's superior power is being taken advantage of the new Xbox will be out anyway IMHO and I think/hope it's gonna be a bit special.

ReputationRep:
    most of the games I want i.e. halo3, gearsof war/2 call of duty 4 - no one plays these games anymore and i'll be the only n00b on xbl that plays these old games .
    Yes they do and no you won't.

People still play SW: Battlefront II on PS2.

ReputationRep:
    al the sad american kids are still on halo and gears of war 2 online so you're ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    al the sad american kids are still on halo and gears of war 2 online so you're ok
    Explain.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for the Xbox 720, it's coming out in two months.

ReputationRep:

Help appreciated, thanks
    I bought my elite in september with Halo 3 + Fable 2 for £200 at hmv, and they got better deals now - I'm still a noob although I completed game-play!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Just wait for the Xbox 720, it's coming out in two months.
    My Mum already has three, she's taped them together and does the ironing on them.

ReputationRep:
    the new xbox may not come out for 5 years as all the major companies are trying to push this motion controlled bull **** to extend the lifespan of their consoles. Though i'd actually wait a couple of months to buy an elite, as there is rumoured to be a 250gb version coming out soon to replace the 120gb version and the accompanying standalone hard drive, which are mysteriously running low on stock everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    There will be LOADS and LOADS of people playing Halo 3 / GoW2 / CoD4. Don't be concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's definitely not too late. Xbox Live has a massive gamerbase so it's pretty likely you'll always find people playing a game that was reasonably popular, irrelevant of how old it is. The games you listed are still INCREDIBLY popular, you'll have no problems finding people to play with.

ReputationRep:
    It's not too late, the complete opposite in fact, if you haven't experienced the vast array of amazing games on the 360 then you have TONNES to look forward to. Plus you will be able to buy most of them cheaper than everybody else did on day of release.

ReputationRep:
    I got my Elite for Christmas after my old Xbox 360 died. It is definitely not too late as we won't see the next generation of consoles for a couple of years.

Project Natal for the 360 (like a hands free sensor that will revolutionise gameplay hopefully) will be out for the 360 this Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, It's never too late to buy an Xbox, whether it is a elite or arcade!
    Splash your cash on a decent one with a large memory!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is too late.

If your not used to consoles then you might struggle at first because everyone is already so good but you should definitely buy one.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.