Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else find the opposite sex incredibly boring? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Having hooked up with a number of girls on a very casual basis, I thought I had finally got to the point (some would say I had matured) where a girlfriend was a good idea; indeed, I was somewhat desperate for a calming influence. But I have run upon one major problem - over the past few months all the girls I have been out with on dates (and I have been on quite a ******* lot) haven't engaged me whatsoever. I don't want to call them boring - that's the wrong word - simply that they share totally different interests and outlooks to me. Sure, I can hold a flirty/intellectual/funny conversation over an entire evening but I feel like I am faking it simply to get them into bed which somewhat defeats the entire point of my original purpose.

I am not asking for help as such here, just wondering if anyone (blokes or women) shares my exasperation with the opposite sex and how on earth you deal with it? Do you put up with the occasional boring conversation about football/shopping or are you with someone who shares your fascination of the topic? And on a more personal note, are there any girls out there who love motorsport, football, fast jets and steak dinners?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I did when I went to my crappy state school. All the guys there ever did was kick a football about, talk about clunge, and drink.

Thankfully my opinion of the opposite sex has improved now I meet a wider range of society

I'd still say 80% of men are mindless and irritating though.

Although to be honest 80% of women are mindless and irritating too.

Edit: I love steak. I'd be interested in the mechanics of those cars/jets because I'm a mathsy/physicsy person and I like learning new stuff. Honestly not interested in football. Sowwy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I'd still say 80% of men are mindless and irritating though.

Although to be honest 80% of women are mindless and irritating too.
    Aye; I guess it's up to that 20% to seek each other out and save one another from a life-time of crushing boredom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Having hooked up with a number of girls on a very casual basis, I thought I had finally got to the point (some would say I had matured) where a girlfriend was a good idea; indeed, I was somewhat desperate for a calming influence. But I have run upon one major problem - over the past few months all the girls I have been out with on dates (and I have been on quite a ******* lot) haven't engaged me whatsoever. I don't want to call them boring - that's the wrong word - simply that they share totally different interests and outlooks to me. Sure, I can hold a flirty/intellectual/funny conversation over an entire evening but I feel like I am faking it simply to get them into bed which somewhat defeats the entire point of my original purpose.

I am not asking for help as such here, just wondering if anyone (blokes or women) shares my exasperation with the opposite sex and how on earth you deal with it? Do you put up with the occasional boring conversation about football/shopping or are you with someone who shares your fascination of the topic? And on a more personal note, are there any girls out there who love motorsport, football, fast jets and steak dinners?! :woo:
    first of all, i think there are girls like that, you've just gotta keep looking.
    you'll find a girl that interests you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I find a lot of males AND females boring. Sometimes you just don't have anything in common + you don't click as people. It just happens really..

ReputationRep:

I get you, just have to keep looking Im afraid!

ReputationRep:
    You may think you are more likely to fall for someone who shares the same interests as you but a true connection tends to run deeper than shared interests, even though it is a good place to start. You may one day find yourself falling for someone with completely different interests than yourself. Keep an open mind and don't lose hope.

ReputationRep:
    Women are boring. I like steak dinners.

On a more serious note, just keep looking. Would you honestly like it if a girl was very similar to you in terms of views, hobbies and her outlook on life? There wouldn't be much banter or spark and you run the risk of just becoming good friends. A few of my mates are lucky enough to have found the sort of girl your looking for, but I think it's quite rare as everybody is so different.

Keep searching and be honest with yourself if you know that the girl you're with at the time isn't really providing what you're looking for. Move on and try and find someone else. Otherwise, you will just keep having fun, casual relationships rather than something more.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I find the same sex as me (female) boring.
    Male...well they can annoying..yes... argumentative...yes...rude...yes . Of course not all, but I'm just saying what they can be.
    Women on the other hand, apart from a select few, just seem to whine and gossip all the time.
    I don't really care who won x factor or why you're boyfriend dumped you. To be honest...I'd rather someone explained to me the offside rule first...

And yes...love motorsport (spent 2 weeks at silverstone with the mallocks last year), football is okay (I've played but much prefer basketball or tennis) support barcelona though and OF COURSE I LIKE STEAK DINNER. EXTREMELY RARE PLEASE!

ReputationRep:
    Some are, most aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissDramaQueen)
    To be honest I find the same sex as me (female) boring.
    Male...well they can annoying..yes... argumentative...yes...rude...yes . Of course not all, but I'm just saying what they can be.
    Women on the other hand, apart from a select few, just seem to whine and gossip all the time.
    I don't really care who won x factor or why you're boyfriend dumped you. To be honest...I'd rather someone explained to me the offside rule first...

And yes...love motorsport (spent 2 weeks at silverstone with the mallocks last year), football is okay (I've played but much prefer basketball or tennis) support barcelona though and OF COURSE I LIKE STEAK DINNER. EXTREMELY RARE PLEASE!
    Marry me. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I dont mingle with the opposite sex. Sunlight hurts me.

ReputationRep:
    ... Why do you assume only men like steak? and motersport and football and fasty jet. Way to generalise you incredible ****.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm not with someone I click with or with someone I think is boring or makes me uncomfortable I think I come across as the dullest, most insipid person in the world when generally I'm fairly charasmatic. My point being- maybe it's you as well? I dunno, there's gotta be some women our there you have clickage with, maybe try dating in a different setting or meeting girls in different ways.

ReputationRep:

Go and suck a crate of cocks

ReputationRep:

Of course there are! Unfortunately for you, they also love Indy 500, demolition derbies and would probably eat you for breakfast and/or after mating.

ReputationRep:
    And on a more personal note, are there any girls out there who love motorsport, football, fast jets and steak dinners?! :woo:
    Yes, I know a few.

They're going out with each other :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are boring?

Meet lots of people, some you will "click" with, most you wont. Thats life........

ReputationRep:
    Most people are kinda boring. It just happens that you are more likely to have stuff in common with members of your own sex, and thus you will find slightly less of them boring than the opposite sex. Most girls I meet are insanely **** ing shallow and dull. They probably think the same thing about me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.