Turn on thread page Beta

Tiredness? Exhaustion? Stress? watch

ReputationRep:
    My sleep pattern of late has been awful. Went out on Thursday night and didn't go sleep till about 7AM in the morning, and woke up at about 10:30AM without anything waking me up. Then I must have gone to sleep around 6PM on the Friday and woke up at about 3:30AM on the Saturday morning. On Saturday I thought I would have resolved it as I went bed at midnight, but I woke up naturally at 9:30AM on Sunday morning. And last night I went bed at about 7:45PM and woke up at 6AM this morning.

Anyways, just this morning and (can't even remember but I think night before) I've been laying in bed, and woke up, not being able to sleep again, but I feel like I'm half asleep to the point where I can't get up. It's like having an awake sleep, hard to describe.

But after abuot 2 hours laying in bed today in this mode of sleeping but being awake, I got up and I'm still knackered, struggling to get my head round what day it is or what I've done in the last couple of days.

Infact I feel like I could go straight back to bed now, but I won't be able to sleep.

Is this insomnia? I thought insomnia was something different.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a range of things. If you're concerned then go to your doctor. Don't let arrogant "know-it-alls", who actually know nothing, tell you what is wrong with you :awesome:

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with going to bed at midnight and getting up at 9.30.. I don't think you need to worry yet, as it has only been a couple of days. If the problem persists however, you should probably contact a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Well know that if you feel that you really messed up your sleeping patterns you have a pretty good option. That is to decide when you want to go to bed and wake up and follow that routine even if you don't feel like to. Exercising fiscally and mentally during the day will also help.

Have in mind that a new habit takes about 20 days to become fully established. So if you keep to your plan your system will adapt itself. 7hrs of sleep are usually the minimum hours needed for the body and brain to be relaxed enough to take all the tasks of the following day in 100% performance providing you don't have other problems (eg. bad nutrition or psychological disorders). =)

ReputationRep:
    meh i generally get to sleep at 4ish then get up at 8.
    i find i'm shattered however much sleep i get, so figure i might as well only sleep a small amount.

if you really want to sort it all out what i've found helps in the past is doing lots of excercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulP)
    It's like having an awake sleep
    Ohh, an awake sleep?! I know exactly what you mean now, thanks for clearing that up!

I think my pattern is just as bad; cannot sleep until 4am or later, this weekend woke up at 3pm, last week missed several lectures due to being unable to wake up, last night I got 3 hours sleep.

I think it's just the sleep pattern of a student, nothing particularly special.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.