IELTS Test Watch

Bartek_1928
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey, does anyone know if even though I am not a native-English speaker but have English GCSE, do I still have to take the IELTS?? Thanks in advance
El Gennaro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on your Uni, but you'd have an advantage if you take the test.
Just take it, it's really easy.
futuredoc77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
not really, i don't think you should have to take the test as long as you have a C in english GCSE (or B in some universities' cases.

About the IELTS, I personally hate doing the Critical Thinking stuff... and if you're reading is not very fast, you are kindda disadvantaged. I know some adults who are trying to take it and they've failed on multiple number of times... it might be different for you, but i don't particularly like the test. Plus, it is quite expensive; don't waste your money unless you are sure you will do well.
Bartek_1928
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by futuredoc77)
not really, i don't think you should have to take the test as long as you have a C in english GCSE (or B in some universities' cases.

About the IELTS, I personally hate doing the Critical Thinking stuff... and if you're reading is not very fast, you are kindda disadvantaged. I know some adults who are trying to take it and they've failed on multiple number of times... it might be different for you, but i don't particularly like the test. Plus, it is quite expensive; don't waste your money unless you are sure you will do well.
Hey. Thanks very much, you are right as well, I've heard it is quite tough and expensive. Thanks for your help
ccm123
Report 8 years ago
it's not that tough really, but you have to check the unis requirement, as some would require it. not sure with this, check it thoroughly though .
Tomas2222
Report 8 years ago
I think it would be more efficient to contact the admission teams directly instead of trying to find a solution based on drivels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.3%
No (623)
72.7%

Watched Threads