Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Geert Wilders show trial watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithink)
    wait and see my friend. wait and see.
    Your not a supporter of freedom of speach then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechazoid)
    I'd think he was a dirty freak....

Typical right wing thing though, going with rent boys....

These guys are crazy, the only good thing about holland is its immigrant population, white people are boring.
    See who is the real racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    Your not a supporter of freedom of speach then?
    what gave you that impression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    Well maybe... we are going to rise the rise of more Wilders figures and related figures as time goes on. There was murmurs in the press a few weeks ago about the imprisonment of Nick Griffin for example, you have the formation of the EDL (another "far-right" organisation)

I love this term "far-right"... in what way are the EDL "far-right"... you can almost guarntee that as a group of predominantly working class people, them and their families are almost certainly going to consider themselves as Labour through and through (until very recently at least)

This idea of "far-right" is simply to reinforce the idea in peoples head "right-wing bad - left wing good" repeat... "right-wing bad - left wing good". Not only that it is supposed to tarnish anything that the political elites want to as beyond the pale and beyond discussion, any movement they want to prescribe as beyond limits. So that any association with that movements ideas is tarnishes a persons character.

And so we are now in a situation where any ideas that deviate from the left-liberal consensus are almost automatically labelled "far-right" "right-wing" or "populist"
    completly agree, nail on the head mate.

ReputationRep:
    Thought provoking response to the trial of Geert Wilders:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grim_the_Reaper)
    Wilders stands up for democracy, freedom of speech and gay rights.
    :ditto:

It is silly to call Wilders 'right-wing' simpy becuase he opposes Islam. If we call him 'right-wing' for opposing Islam then we should call those who oppose the BNP 'right-wing' as well. Islam is an intolerant religion, so a true liberal would take a stand against it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or has is this crucially important trial under an official news blackout? I just searched the BBC site - I found NOTHING. Searched under google news, the only things that came up where the Telegraph blogs on the trial...

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. The state is obviously doing their bes to put him away because he's exacerbating inter-faith and inter-racial tension. People who think otherwise is kidding themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Does he think the bible should be banned too? It's hardly the most tolerant book around...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.