Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    K, I have a bit of a beer belly. Kind of annoying because I have some muscle (been training for a while) but im sure it would look way more impressive minus a stone or two of fat.

basically apart from the obvious decrease in eating and more weight loss based exercise, how could i specifically lose a considerable amount of weight in a month or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    K, I have a bit of a beer belly. Kind of annoying because I have some muscle (been training for a while) but im sure it would look way more impressive minus a stone or two of fat.

basically apart from the obvious decrease in eating and more weight loss based exercise, how could i specifically lose a considerable amount of weight in a month or two?
    Do you have access to a guillotine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    may i ask why wiseguy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    may i ask why wiseguy?
    ...because you've got no hope of losing 1-2st of fat in 1-2 months unless you do something stupid (ie; starvation dieting) and/or have surgery (eg; liposuction, amputation, etc).

Clean up your diet and/or exercise more and you could look at losing 1-2lbs per week (if you're going to do it properly) which equates to 8-16lbs over the course of the next 1-2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    i wish you could just chop it all off! :P

ReputationRep:
    you'll struggle managing to lose that kind of mass in such a short time. at best all you can really do is smaller portions (but not silly crash-diet portions) and more cardiovascular excercise, running/cycling will burn off a lot more than lifting weights will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    you'll struggle managing to lose that kind of mass in such a short time. at best all you can really do is smaller portions (but not silly crash-diet portions) and more cardiovascular excercise, running/cycling will burn off a lot more than lifting weights will
    You sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    You sure?
    well its all relative, if you cycle at 5mph but lift twice your own weight you'll probably lose more mass by lifting weights

but yeh im fairly sure. cardiovascular exercises such as running and cycling cause a higher rate of respiration in the leg muscles which start to break down fat for respiration when glucose runs out, so odds are you'd lose more than if you spend your day lifting dumbbells

oh swimming is another good cardio exercise for losing mass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    well its all relative, if you cycle at 5mph but lift twice your own weight you'll probably lose more mass by lifting weights

but yeh im fairly sure. cardiovascular exercises such as running and cycling cause a higher rate of respiration in the leg muscles which start to break down fat for respiration when glucose runs out, so odds are you'd lose more than if you spend your day lifting dumbbells

oh swimming is another good cardio exercise for losing mass
    lol
    Dont listen to this^
    Its bs
    High level resistance training (weights) burns a hell of a lot more calories than simply running or jogging
    Anyone who knows the first thing about weight loss should know this

ReputationRep:
    Avoid carbs! thats what i'm doing, working quickly! eat normal size meals without carbs, just eat lots of extra veg & meat.

ReputationRep:
    watch the food carry on pumping weights, and the best cardio out there is defo swimming.

swim straight after a workout, it worked for me. i was 85kg i went gym 3times a week and swimming straight after and in 2 months i lost 9kg and put on muscle. do not use protein shakes etc.

ReputationRep:
    replace all drinks with just water.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.