Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So I've got an offer to do biological sciences at oxford next year, and I was just wondering if there was a recommended calculator model that most people have: my current one is dying slightly, and it would be a bit pointless to have to buy another one in october as well (this is all assuming I get the grades )
    Obviously a scientific calculator, but makes/models? Or is this not really relevant? I think at cambridge they suggest one you might get, I don't know about oxford.
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    You'll barely even need a scientific one to be honest. All of the stats in first year is assessed in practicals, which is all done by computer, so all you'll need is something that allows you to do basic arithmetic for populations / cells and genes.

ReputationRep:
    I had my calculator taken away from me in Mods (not wrong make or anything, they just came and snatched it off my desk half way through Populations). And then I had to do 0.4 squared in my head
    (But that's the most you need a calculator for in first year.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay8)
    I had my calculator taken away from me in Mods (not wrong make or anything, they just came and snatched it off my desk half way through Populations). And then I had to do 0.4 squared in my head
    (But that's the most you need a calculator for in first year.)

How hard was that?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.