Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm going up for the open day on the 6th March to have a look.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I am too!

ReputationRep:
    cool, it's either gloucestershire or worcester as my firm choice, UWIC insurance, still waiting on Plymouth who are just slack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deveuve)
    is UoG your firm choice then?
    haha it's really nice, I take it you on FcH Campus, I've been there, and I'm going back in March sometime for another look
    But yeah it's really nice, one of the nicest I've seen.

It's probably worth a look around, but if not they have a virtual tour online on their website

What halls are you applying for?
    x
    Yeah I'm on that campus, I've had a look through the halls - anything en-suite for sure!

Yes I've had a look at the virtual tour very lush and green.

What course are you applying to do? And what halls? x

(Original post by NatalieMT)
    From what I've seen it's really nice! Definitely worth you going to see for yourself though - I can't imagine moving somewhere having never seen it before.

In terms of halls I guess you will all mostly being applying for those near FCH, I'll probably go for The Park Villas, must have an ensuite though. Being a girl I spend many hours a-preening and would lose friends if I had to share a bathroom, ha ha!
    I'm on the road now so I will be able to drive up and have a look for myself - yes definately a good idea to look before moving lol.

How expensive is The Park Villas?

And I take it you go to UoG, do you like it?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonade-please)
    Yeah I'm on that campus, I've had a look through the halls - anything en-suite for sure!

Yes I've had a look at the virtual tour very lush and green.

What course are you applying to do? And what halls? x
    haha yeah me too If I end up with a non en-suite I'll actually consider private accommodation haha.

Um, I'm doing religion, philosophy and ethics you? x

ReputationRep:
    Eee I have an interview on the 25th Feb for the Editorial and advertising photography course Im so nervous but so excited 'cos it's my top choice so I hope i get in! Did anyone else have an interview/has one coming up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deveuve)
    haha yeah me too If I end up with a non en-suite I'll actually consider private accommodation haha.

Um, I'm doing religion, philosophy and ethics you? x
    Lol me too - I could not face having to share a bathroom.

Going to study Creative Writing have no idea what career I want to do so I figured I would just do something I like x

ReputationRep:
    ah me too!
    yeah the idea of being pressured to use the bathroom as fast as i could would mean i would look a mess every day haha! i spend so long in the bathroom as it is, i would annoy everyone

oh yeah i'm sort of doing it out of interest, i have no idea what i want to do after

ReputationRep:
    Hi, got unconditional offer for Gloucestershire uni for Business Management (Enterprise), I actually come from cheltenham so if anyone wants to know anything PM me, let me know. Dunno if it'll be my choice yet, waiting to hear from others. Any others doing the course?

ReputationRep:
    hey all! i'm coming gloucestershire in september! accepted an unconditional offer for english language and geography looking forward to it!! would be awesome to chat to some peoples x

ReputationRep:
    Aww, all the little ones coming to our Uni soon ;B

No TVP newbies here then I guess? I've been enjoying helping out with the interviews to see who's joining us next year.

ReputationRep:
    got a conditional for sport therapy, so hopefully get the points i need had two years out so really looking forward to it.

is anyone else studying sport at oxstalls?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Nope but I'm going to come and kick cheerleader butt at Oxstalls ha ha! I'm taking it Oxstalls is where the sporting societies meet and practice you see.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for the Marketing and Communications course

The Uni looked the best I'd had a nosey around and Cheltenham is gorgeous ... Hopefully be there in September!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! if you are starting at Francis Close Hall in September 2010, there is a developtment that is being built brand new on St Pauls road with 12 one bedroom flats, and 3 studio flats each with own facilities! It is that close to FCH that you can see it from your window and walk out the front door onto the site...! x If anybody is interested for photos of it or any additional information, email me! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to do a degree in youth work in september at the oxstalls campus in gloucester.
    I also live in gloucester so if anyone needs any info give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day again yesterday - anyone else there? I thought it would be more geared towards those who had already applied to Gloucestershire and/or had offers but it didn't seem that way.

The talks were all excellent and again I really like how the Business Management course sounds, it's looking like a dead cert at the moment. I also had the chance to ask some questions about accomodation and how that all works and how I'd get a bathroom (ha ha priorities!) and apparently move in day is September 19th. So maybe see some of you then!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, If any of you have any questions feel free to ask. I started in September at FCH, Landscape Architecture, but I found myself asking current students so many questions on here before starting, so going to try pass on the knowledge so to speak
    message me on here, Mod edit: please do not post your e-mail address on the public forum
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Em xx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the best en suite accommodation is for FCH?
    I am currently considering between Hardwick, Shaftesbury and Regency
    Thanks (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IESHAxx)
    Does anyone know what the best en suite accommodation is for FCH?
    I am currently considering between Hardwick, Shaftesbury and Regency
    Thanks (:
    when I visited I liked the shaftesbury halls, they're literally around the back of where you'll be studying and looked really nice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.