Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, Im a 3rd Year at the university and Im studying Sports Education, Im the Club captain of the Men's Hockey Club and we want to hear from anyone who is coming to the uni and plays hockey or wants to join a great Club!! We have 2 teams competing in top BUCS Leagues and also a social team.

Were one of the most social clubs at uni and we welcome top players as well as complete beginners! Last year one lad joined without ever picking up a stick and is now a regular second team player! We are one of the universities Focus sport and have top coaches as well as sports therapists and sport and conditioning students on hand to help with injury's or anything of the sort!

And we simply want to hear from anyone who's interested! we have regular socials and days out like paint balling etc! but if you want to make friends for life and become part of a great friendly club then message me on facebook or on here and join our freshers page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114652061895293#!/group.php?gid=119851124719617&re f=ts

Were aiming for promotion in both teams this year and we want to hear from you guys who can play a big role in our club!

If you have any questions drop me an email:

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    For anyone still needing a place and is going to FCH campus (possibly Pittville campus but it's a little further) there is a spare room going in a 6-bed shared house for £65 per week, lovely bathroom/shower, kitchen/living area and laminate flooring etc. and also a nice garden!

It's a University approved accommodation so it'll be on the housing list and the housing event tomorrow at campus. It's on Malvern Street just off the main road not far from campus or the shops. PM or call/txt me on 07853 884683 if you are interested and I'll let the landlord know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbskii)
    For anyone still needing a place and is going to FCH campus (possibly Pittville campus but it's a little further) there is a spare room going in a 6-bed shared house for £65 per week, lovely bathroom/shower, kitchen/living area and laminate flooring etc. and also a nice garden!

It's a University approved accommodation so it'll be on the housing list and the housing event tomorrow at campus. It's on Malvern Street just off the main road not far from campus or the shops. PM or call/txt me on 07853 884683 if you are interested and I'll let the landlord know.
    Hopefully , ill have a look tomorrow cheers :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breeny)
    If not, you'll be missing out!! I'd be happy to boast my new knowledge on our green friends :P
    Ahh you shall have to tell me all :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanaimee)
    Ahh you shall have to tell me all :L
    I will, there's that random fact thing about remembering 90% of what you teach ... i think so prepared to be bombarded with plants! (not literally)

Did you manage to get your accommodation sorted yesterday? Mental wasnt it!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone getting a block pass for freshers fortnight?

ReputationRep:
    I will, there's that random fact thing about remembering 90% of what you teach ... i think so prepared to be bombarded with plants! (not literally)

Did you manage to get your accommodation sorted yesterday? Mental wasnt it!!!!!

It was mega mental !!!! :woo: there were soooo many people there . but managed to find somewhere with 4 other girls just on the high street , like a 2 second walk from FCH

and yeah , u shall teach me then :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloctober)
    anyone getting a block pass for freshers fortnight?

what is that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisrosiehello)
    what is that ?
    Block pass is basically entry into all of the freshers events

Anyone gonna be joining the poker society btw? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually received their start pack yet? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx_Cat_xX)
    Has anyone actually received their start pack yet? :confused:
    no? i think they were sending them out friday...so monday maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanaimee)
    It was mega mental !!!! :woo: there were soooo many people there . but managed to find somewhere with 4 other girls just on the high street , like a 2 second walk from FCH

and yeah , u shall teach me then :L
    You're lucky there!! I got a 3 bedroom house about 2 minutes walk from FCH too!! I teamed up with 2 guys and we got our 3 bed by running like maniacs! What a treasure hunt, but it looks like we both came out on top

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys,
    If anyone's into any kind of boardsports, whether it's skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, mountain boarding, wakeboarding (or anything else), then the uni has an awesome team!

We've got loads of trips and competitions organised for this year and it would be good to see some new faces. It doesn't matter if you just want to join as a recreational boarder and a social member or whether you want to compete! Anyone is welcome!

Come and see us at the fresher's fayre on Thursday the 23rd of September at Park Campus, or check out our facebook group for more info!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139012486126552

Peace, love and boardrider madness
    x

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky there!! I got a 3 bedroom house about 2 minutes walk from FCH too!! I teamed up with 2 guys and we got our 3 bed by running like maniacs! What a treasure hunt, but it looks like we both came out on top
    HAHA , i think we went to see that one , was there a queue outside . :L , we had to run to our house too lmao , i think we got there just in time .

I move in on the 18th :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.