Turn on thread page Beta

girls: how do you find clubbing with your boyfriend? watch

Announcements

Whenever i've been with my boyfriend we always end up sending the night with different groups of people.
    Just wondered what its like for other couples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whenever i've been with my boyfriend we always end up sending the night with different groups of people.
    Just wondered what its like for other couples.
    My boyfriend and I have similar groups of friends so spend the night together most of the time. We aren't clingy or possessive and if we see other people we know, we go off and chat and have a drink with them then come back together. It's nice to go out with him, I feel safer. The other night, we went out and he went to the loo and a guy started hitting on me and my friend and wouldn't take the hint. When my boyfriend got back the guy soon got the hint and we spent a great night dancing and generally having a ball.

I think it's about flexibility. It's ok to spend time apart because ultimately it's you he's going home with. If you trust him, there's no issues either.

Why anon?

ReputationRep:
    well we have very different groups of friends that we hang out with, so we usually spend most of the night together and it's more often than not a fun night.. except he likes to go home around the 11.30/12 time and i tend to stay out until places close..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    well we have very different groups of friends that we hang out with, so we usually spend most of the night together and it's more often than not a fun night.. except he likes to go home around the 11.30/12 time and i tend to stay out until places close..
    Are you the OP?

If so, what are you worried about? Why can't you just have different opinions on what makes a good night out and be done with it? It's good to have different friendship groups! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We spend a lot of the time together, but then we have the same friends. We don't stick to each others sides though, as the person above said, if we see others we know we'll go talk to them for a bit then come back. There will also be 2 or 3 different conversations going on between our mutual friends so we're often talking to different people until everyone come back together again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    Are you the OP?

If so, what are you worried about? Why can't you just have different opinions on what makes a good night out and be done with it? It's good to have different friendship groups! :yep:
    i'm not the OP.. :p:

i don't know if i should still answer your questions though, but i said most of the time it is a fun night.. and i love the fact that we have different friendship groups..

ReputationRep:
    Usually when me and my boyfriend go clubbing together we go with our mutual friends but even if we go out with my friends from work or something we stay together.

Maybe not sitting next to him the whole night but we always stay in the same group and dance together etc.

I prefer going clubbing with him as I hate being approached by other guys and get really awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like clubbing with my boyfriend - when I go out clubbing it's usually with the girls and I can have a dance and a drink and relax.

If he's with me - whether we are with his friends or mine, he tends to cling to my side, but it's not even as if he's dancing or relaxing, because he's not a great dancer and it seems like he's convinced that if I go to the bar by myself some guys is gonna hit on me.

I can't relax out clubbing if he's around, ironically he is probably the same. Generally, we like to stick to lounge bars where we can sit down and chat if we go out, and that suits us both nicely.

ReputationRep:
    We go clubbing just us two sometimes and dance its great fun just being with him. But if I went to a club with him and our friends as we do back home as we have separate groups I let him do his own thing and he lets me do mine. Obviously I chat to his friends for a bit and kiss him and dance for 5 mins or so but we need space to enjoy ourselves with our friends.

ReputationRep:
    Love it. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Hilarious. His drunk dancing is truly remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is the social sec of the biggest society at our uni so it's a nightmare to be honest! Always a lot of fun but he's a social whore,lol, and it takes about 20 minutes to walk across one side of the library to the other as everyone always comes to chat to him. Same on a night out too. So I've learnt now and always make sure I'm out with a couple of my friends too! He doesn't mean anything by it and always gets concerned when he's chatting with someone for a while and i'm standing there awkwardly. It's not too bad now as I know a lot more people and his friends a lot better. Also, when we're off campus it's not too bad and we always have a really good time.

My last boyfriend was a nightmare with going out though. It just never worked - always seemed like an effort which is odd really as we were together for 3 years. Wasn't a fundamental issue in our relationship but I do enjoy the difference with my current boyf. If that makes sense x

ReputationRep:
    Up until we went to uni, I liked going out a LOT more than him - I once went on a night out with his friends :p:

Now we're at uni he goes out a bit more than me (he's at a more social uni tbh) but at weekends either he comes to London or I go up to Stafford, either is good, but in Stafford I get on with a lot of his mates and there's generally more of them cause everyone goes to the union on a Friday, so I can go have a dance with some people and not have to cling to him all night, whereas in London he tends to cling to me a bit just in case he loses me :p: it's all good though.

I love clubbing with him as I don't have to worry about my friends ditching me for blokes and me being stood around either being come onto or dancing alone :facepalm: which happened once. And he can't dance for ****, which is pretty funny. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    I love clubbing with him as I don't have to worry about my friends ditching me for blokes and me being stood around either being come onto or dancing alone :facepalm:
    That's one of the best advantages about going clubbing with my bf!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.