Turn on thread page Beta

need to do something this summer, ne suggestions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Last summer was so boring, that this year I think I need to go abroad and have an experience and meet some new people.

I've heard some people say there are holiday camps like Camp America and some agencies that get you a job in a bar abroad etc (which is meant to be good fun?).

Just wondered if anyone has any recommendations of what to do or whether there's a company that can sort out summer work or summer expeditions for students?

Any ideas would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Do thorough checks on any programmes you're considering. My sister went to America with a workscheme, can't remember if it was BUNAC or one of the others. The job they gave her- doing henna tattoos at a fairground place- wasn't enough to cover her travel to work each day, never mind her living costs or a bit of pocket money. Other people I know have had a fab time doing it, but just make sure you check first!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I need to do some research so that I get this right, erm defo think America is the prime option for summer, so I'll check out BUNAC.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want a working holiday, Interrail is worth a look at. You buy a ticket and it lets you use most railways in Europe for a certain period (between 1 and 4 weeks) for no additional cost (excl. night sleeper trains and premium services like the French TGV (the really fast trains)).

I'm going this summer - aparantly you meet loads of people while travelling.

ReputationRep:
    look up WOOFFing (one of my teachers suggested it to me).. i've never done it, but i've heard from someone else that it's amazing and fully intend to partake in it this summer..

ReputationRep:
    Interrail sounds fun, might investigate that actually - thanks for the tip.

I think my cousin did Interail, def need to talk to him about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatorade)
    Interrail sounds fun, might investigate that actually - thanks for the tip.

I think my cousin did Interail, def need to talk to him about it.
    I've not heard of one occasion where somebody was disappointed by their interrail trip. What I'm hoping to do in 3 weeks:

London -> Amsterdam -> Berlin -> Romania -> Greece -> Serbia

Fantastic forum where you can see what routes people have taken, what they did, where to visit, information on specific trains etc..:

http://forum.interrail.net/

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.