Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Baking Paper watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (I realise that there are two ways that the title can be read, and would like to reassure everyone that I don't actually bake paper)

I have recently started baking my own spelt flour rolls and the recipe says to place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper - I am assuming that baking paper is the same as greaseproof paper (although if I'm wrong, it would explain a lot). Well, whenever I put them onto greaseproof paper they get completely stuck and I end up having to cut the bottoms off in order to unstick them. Am I doing something completely wrong? Am I supposed to grease the paper first? (I am really reluctant to use grease as this would defeat the object that the rolls contain no fat. Does anyone know any alternative methods which will prevent the rolls sticking and also remove the need for grease?)

Thanks
    +rep if anyone has the perfect solution

ReputationRep:
    If i'm thinking correctly greaseproof/ baking paper has a shinier side and a duller side? Make sure you use the shinier side for the bit that has contact with the rolls. Also, don't try to pull them off the tray straight away, wait for them to cool down a bit and then turn them upside down onto a board or something, and gently peel the paper away, like you would with a cake This should work, but if it doesn't i'm not sure what to suggest, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If not, then you could use that 1 calorie oil spray, they do one especially for baking...

ReputationRep:
    Just dust the tray with flour, like you do with scones.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.