Would you recommend Nottingham?
Absolutely.

I have three friends here doing law and they're all enjoying the course
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Did you say everyone had to take a test last year? Is it an essay test or more logic based?
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AveHan)
Hiya....don't worry, i applied to both these unis last year, and all my unis took ages to reply....i think march may have been my last answer...Nottingham replied first, last year they made everyone take an exam. My advice to you would be if you get offers from both, go to Durham, the course is better, it's more flexible, and everyone is much friendlier. Which college have you applied to there?
Do Nottingham really make you sit an exam?!?!?!? :s
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Top 15-20% get autmoatic offer, the next 15-205 fight it out for the remaining places depending on demand in that year
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Top 15-20% get autmoatic offer, the next 15-205 fight it out for the remaining places depending on demand in that year
Yeah..that's what it said in the prospectus at least...

G
.NK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought they'd scrapped that idea...

I know people in my year had to take an entrance exam for Law at Nottingham but I thought they weren't going to do it anymore...?
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
selections processes are all so varied you cant keep up, and by the way 205% of applicants dont get an interview as declared on my previous post
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi, I applied for law (3yrs) at both durham and nottingham at the beginning of october and have had no offers or rejections from these two unis yet. Has anybody else had a reply and is it a case of 'the longer the better'? Anybody who applied last year, how long did it take then please???
i applied for law in october too (oxbridge deadline) and hvnt heard frm nottingham yet, offer from durham tho. it might be different cos i'm international but no nottingham law applicant i've talked to has had a reply... aaaah!
KrazyAngel1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i just got an offer for law at nottingham AAB so i guess u ppl on hear will probably hear soon. I don't know if their doing the written test this year. If so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got through without one. Good luck to everyone else though.
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KrazyAngel1)
i just got an offer for law at nottingham AAB
Congrats
KrazyAngel1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Congrats
thanx
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KrazyAngel1)
i just got an offer for law at nottingham AAB so i guess u ppl on hear will probably hear soon. I don't know if their doing the written test this year. If so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got through without one. Good luck to everyone else though.
Congrats
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Durham and warwick are driving me nuts! no replies yet
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
warwick hasnt replied to me yet - durham replied end of december, so u'll hear anyday now! dont stress!
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If this helps, you should hear from Durham before March because that is when their open days are.

J.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I havn't heard from Durham Manchester and LSE. I'm not too worried abotu Durham and LSE as this seems normal but am i the only one who hasn't heard from Manchester?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Really?? I haven't heard about neone who's had an offer from Nottingham yet...i think that their standard offer is AAB....but it might have been increased to AAA, not sure.

G
International students got ABB (like me) or BBB (my friend) who only got 2As for AS... they seem... strange?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
THank you
rah
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
International students got ABB (like me) or BBB (my friend) who only got 2As for AS... they seem... strange?
as you said before they want your money nottingham lurves international students!
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rah)
as you said before they want your money nottingham lurves international students!
Sure does... they make up at least half of my course here.

I have no idea how they keep on top of everything though - I find making notes in lectures hard enough and it's my first language. I really admire those who get better lab report grades and better essay grades than me too...it's bordering on the side of jealousy...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
27.03%
No (135)
72.97%

Watched Threads