38.27%
    exercise
    17.28%
    both equally as important
    44.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    how hard would it be to burn that amount of cals though
    Very hard, when I go to the gym and I overexert myself on the treadmill it says I have burned like 200-250 calories in 30 minutes so even if I went for 2 hours without stopping it would be 1000 calories.

I dont think anyone can handle that much time on a treadmill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by look_at_those_hips)
    **** exersise, eat as much choc as u want u lard

i dont eat chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Very hard, when I go to the gym and I overexert myself on the treadmill it says I have burned like 200-250 calories in 30 minutes so even if I went for 2 hours without stopping it would be 1000 calories.

I dont think anyone can handle that much time on a treadmill.

yeah so it would mean like 6 hours on the treadmill to burn 3000 cals :rofl:

i use these sites to work out how many cals ive burnt

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitness...alorieburn.htm

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

ReputationRep:
    It’s ok just to eat healthier but if you put regular exercise on top of that your overall calorie count for each day will be much lower and you will lose weight faster.
    Personally I do both and it works great for me

ReputationRep:
    Diet. Creating a 500-calorie deficit is easier by altering your diet than through exercising.

ReputationRep:
    OP just exactly how fat are you?

ReputationRep:
    how hard would it be to burn that amount of cals though
    exceedingly, though on Biggest Loser they burn 10,000 a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    OP just exactly how fat are you?

im not really fat but im not exactly slim, there are a lot of fat people a lot fatter than me

194lbs

(Original post by Jennie1987)
    exceedingly, though on Biggest Loser they burn 10,000 a day

arnt most of them like 20 + stone though lol and they work out for like 8-9 hours a day (dunno if thats right cause ive never fully watched it before)

ReputationRep:
    im not really fat but im not exactly slim, there are a lot of fat people a lot fatter than me

194lb
    Hmmm, 194lbs. How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Hmmm, 194lbs. How tall are you?
    5ft2 and im a size 14 in clothes, yes i know im fat but im not exactly huge, doesnt stop me doing anything

ReputationRep:
    5ft2 and im a size 14 in clothes, yes i know im fat but im not exactly huge, doesnt stop me doing anything
    Wow I know someone like 4 inches taller at the same weight and shes a 16/18 in clothes. And yeh they work out all day intensely, only eat about 1200-1500 calories but a few of the women on the season ive seen weigh 16 stone at the beginning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Wow I know someone like 4 inches taller at the same weight and shes a 16/18 in clothes. And yeh they work out all day intensely, only eat about 1200-1500 calories but a few of the women on the season ive seen weigh 16 stone at the beginning

depends where you carry the weight i guess, my waist isnt that big for the weight of me but i do hav a big gut :rofl:

ah so still heavier than me :p: what did she weigh in the end?

ReputationRep:
    Well my friend ate 10 donuts yesterday and two easter eggs today but he's got like no fat on him anywhere. He goes to the gym every single day. Exercise is more important.

ReputationRep:
    Erm just don't eat as much; it's not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    3500 Kcal = one pound of weight ... says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Well my friend ate 10 donuts yesterday and two easter eggs today but he's got like no fat on him anywhere. He goes to the gym every single day. Exercise is more important.
    does he eat like that all the time though? one/two days of eating like that isnt going to make much of a difference tbh

(Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Exercise - ALWAYS.

Diets are not always healthy.
    Faillllll.

ReputationRep:
    does he eat like that all the time though? one/two days of eating like that isnt going to make much of a difference tbh
    Trust me he eats like that all the time. But then I don't think it was as bad when he first started going to the gym; he kept to a pretty sensible diet then. But now it's just chocolate, sweets and meat.

(Original post by lattywatty)
    Oh **** off, he dosn't do that everyday.

USAIN BOLT ONCE HAD MCDONALDS, THEREFORE DIET DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING LOLOLOLOLOL

ReputationRep:
    depends where you carry the weight i guess, my waist isnt that big for the weight of me but i do hav a big gut :rofl:

ah so still heavier than me :p: what did she weigh in the end?
    At the moment (about 7 eps from the end and 10 weeks in) two weigh around 180 so about 50-60 lbs lost, one that was 20-30 lbs heavier is about your weight so 60-70lbs lost, 2 that weighed about 280lbs are around your weight so 90-100lb lost.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.