diet
    38.27%
    exercise
    17.28%
    both equally as important
    44.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Oh **** off, he dosn't do that everyday.

USAIN BOLT ONCE HAD MCDONALDS, THEREFORE DIET DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING LOLOLOLOLOL
    My brother does that every day and is so thin its ridiculous - hes 23/almost 24 and about 6ft. And Im not kidding, he eats huge meals (3 large jacket potatoes with heaps and heaps of grated cheese, 2 chicken breasts, 1 bacon slice, 3/4 table spoons of peas, 2/3inches of cucumber) then loads of chocolate/cakes/crisps

ReputationRep:
    It's a combination of both, however most people may be more suited to continue eating a modest amount of junk food and then exercising to compensate than completely overhauling their eating habits and doing a lesser amount of exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    At the moment (about 7 eps from the end and 10 weeks in) two weigh around 180 so about 50-60 lbs lost, one that was 20-30 lbs heavier is about your weight so 60-70lbs lost, 2 that weighed about 280lbs are around your weight so 90-100lb lost.

good god they lose a lot, where to i sign up :rofl:

My brother does that every day and is so thin its ridiculous - hes 23/almost 24 and about 6ft
    When you say thin what do you mean?

And if he really is extremely thin after eating 10 donuts and 2 easter eggs ASWELL AS 3-4 decent size meals EVERYDAY I suggest you book him a doctors appointment as he could have a medical issue.

ReputationRep:
    i think the diet is more important but for healthy weightloss and achieving a better body you need to reduce how much your consuming and exercise aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Faillllll.
    Oh yeah really? Can you at least explain why? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    My brother does that every day and is so thin its ridiculous - hes 23/almost 24 and about 6ft. And Im not kidding, he eats huge meals (3 large jacket potatoes with heaps and heaps of grated cheese, 2 chicken breasts, 1 bacon slice, 3/4 table spoons of peas, 2/3inches of cucumber) then loads of chocolate/cakes/crisps

my bf is kinda the same, hes about 5ft11-6ft and hes about 12 stone (and no before someone says i dont care that im heavier than him lol) he eats like a horse and doesnt gain, the only way he can gain is to eat and weight train, got over 200lbs doing that but dropped right down to 10-10.5 stone when he had cancer/chemo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    good god they lose a lot, where to i sign up :rofl:
    Well they eat healthily at a normal weight loss calorie level and put all their effort into losing large amounts of weight with trainers and doctors supervising them. One thats 280lbs>190lbs has lost almost 100lbs of fat and put on 20lbs of muscle so theyll be fit ppl at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    When you say thin what do you mean?

And if he really is extremely thin after eating 10 donuts and 2 easter eggs ASWELL AS 3-4 decent size meals EVERYDAY I suggest you book him a doctors appointment as he could have a medical issue.
    Hes been and they say hes fine, my dad is the same. And yes I mean really thin. And you read the original post wrong - she said 10 donuts one day and 2 easter eggs the next.

(Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Oh yeah really? Can you at least explain why? :eyebrow:
    Erm the rules of digestion dictate calories in - calories out = whats left over to grow or negative you lose weight.

According to you this does not work, which would mean your in a different dimension with different biology.

ReputationRep:
    If a fat person reduces their calories and does no exercise, they'll lose weight.
    If that same fat person does some exercise, and eats as much as they like - probably more than before, as they'll be hungrier from the exercise, they wont lose weight.

Hence, when losing weight, diet is the most important factor.

Hes been and they say hes fine, my dad is the same. And yes I mean really thin. And you read the original post wrong - she said 10 donuts one day and 2 easter eggs the next.
    Your saying that he gets his normal amount of calories through meals and then 1,800-2,000 more everyday and is really thin?

Then he has freaky genetics, and does not go against my point that any normal person who did that would get fat.

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** off, he dosn't do that everyday.

USAIN BOLT ONCE HAD MCDONALDS, THEREFORE DIET DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING LOLOLOLOLOL
    Actually, he really does.

Alright, maybe not quite 10 doughnuts everyday but he never cares about what he eats and always has over the recommended fat content.

But then he's not losing weight, he's already lost it. So I guess it's sort of unrelated to the question now I think about it.

Still, I think exercise is more important. Of course that doesn't mean diet doesn't mean anything, obviously.

(Original post by lattywatty)
    Actually, he really does.

Alright, maybe not quite 10 doughnuts everyday but he never cares about what he eats and always has over the recommended fat content.

But then he's not losing weight, he's already lost it. So I guess it's sort of unrelated to the question now I think about it.

Still, I think exercise is more important. Of course that doesn't mean diet doesn't mean anything, obviously.
    Every athlete has over national recommended guidelines because they are in intense training not sitting on there arse so need more.

So your point is?

ReputationRep:
    Your saying that he gets his normal amount of calories through meals and then 1,800-2,000 more everyday and is really thin?

Then he has freaky genetics, and does not go against my point that any normal person who did that would get fat.
    Your post wasnt about normal ppl when you said 'Oh **** off, he dosn't do that everyday.

USAIN BOLT ONCE HAD MCDONALDS, THEREFORE DIET DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING LOLOLOLOLOL'.

Which is what i replied to.

Her friend and my brother do eat that amount everyday and stay thin from using more energy in the day then the calories they consume.

Your post wasnt about normal ppl when you said 'Oh **** off, he dosn't do that everyday.

USAIN BOLT ONCE HAD MCDONALDS, THEREFORE DIET DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING LOLOLOLOLOL'.

Which is what i replied to.

Her friend and my brother do eat that amount everyday and stay thin from using more energy in the day then the calories they consume.
    No a normal person doesn't do that, if everyone did that the nation would be 98% fatties.

Infact no I stand with my original point, if your maintenance calories is 2,500 and you eat 4,500 your going to get fat.

End of, unless you have a medical condition or do extreme training.

ReputationRep:
    Every athlete has over national recommended guidelines because they are in intense training not sitting on there arse so need more.

So your point is?
    Um... I already stated my point a while ago. What's your point? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Erm the rules of digestion dictate calories in - calories out = whats left over to grow or negative you lose weight.

According to you this does not work, which would mean your in a different dimension with different biology.
    Lol

What a ridiculous assumption you have made, now I have full respect for your idiocy

Exercises are always more important and always more effective if you know how to exercise properly. Diets are not reliable, they are often destructive and usually not healthy as well. If you don't eat like a horse and you do some decent amount of exercise at least five times a week, you'll lose your weight.

(Original post by lattywatty)
    Um... I already stated my point a while ago. What's your point? :confused:
    What we arguing about again bro?

(Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Lol

What a ridiculous assumption you have made, now I have full respect for your idiocy

Exercises are always more important and always more effective if you know how to exercise properly. Diets are not reliable, they are often destructive and usually not healthy as well. If you don't eat like a horse and you do some decent amount of exercise at least five times a week, you'll lose your weight.
    I put on 14lbs with my diet so far, its going quite epic. Whatcha on about its unhealthy? I have 6 good meals a day.

Oh so if you don't eat like a horse?

So you mean you have to stay close your maintenance calorie level?

So yes without it so you can't lose/gain weight?

There we go.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.