Turn on thread page Beta

Lost about 8 pounds in 4 days, normal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling it may be due to the sudden change in sleeping pattern and how I have starved most of the last 4 days.

On Thursday all I ate was like a portion of liver then had 4 drinks on a night out(2 WKD's one cocktail a jagerbomb) then 4 cheap shots which were very weak.

Because my flatmate wanted an afterparty didnt get a chance to sleep till 9am Friday morning so woke up 5pm and got a pizza around 9pm from take away and stayed up in total about 30 hours then went to bed, starved all day apart from 3 glasses of water. Sunday I woke up early and got a chicken burger from a cafe around 2pm and a scoop of ice cream. I did have diarrohea as well and my stomach felt flushed after.

This morning got up 8am for a class, and checked my weight on a scale, I have gone down almost a stone give or take(Since my scales are sensitve and if I move my feet they go up or down)

Still in the last 2 months I have been stuck at 18 stone, and now scales say I am 17 stone 2.

Could it also be sleeping pattern since I used to be skinny and only started gaining weight at 24 then lost a bit again and I notice I only lose weight if I wake up before 10am each day and spread out my food over the day(I almost starve anyway but eat crap like pasta and noodles and biscuits and dont eat real meals) And for the last 2 years or so rarely get out of bed before 1.30-2pm but when I do like over summer my weight doesnt go up and goes down slightly?

Am I just seeing something that isnt there?

could be just water weight lost (if it makes sense :| )

Ask mods to move this to fitness forum - you'd get more useful replies there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    could be just water weight lost (if it makes sense :| )

Ask mods to move this to fitness forum - you'd get more useful replies there
    Thanks, thats possibly the case since yesterday when I had bad diahorrea my stomach felt better than it has in over a year if not more so perhaps I had something wrong with stomach, plus my weight is all my stomach, I have normal sized arms and legs and I am solid i.e dont have layers of flab as I cant squeeze it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well since I wrote the post I had about 4 small slices of ham(think subway sizes) some oven chips about 6 marshmallows, a packet of fruitella.

Just feel a bit tired and with sore throat so dont want to eat but is what I had very calorific?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if you don't mean it to seem this way, but it sounds like you're trying to lose weight with the fact that you're worried about calories. And you're going about it in the wrong way.
    Your body needs food, and I'm sure you've been told this a million times but if you starve yourself you will go into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down, and then if you start eating normally again you're more likely to put on more weight. And then some.
    If you're looking to lose weight, cut back on the alcohol, and it's going to sound crazy but you need to get a more regular sleep pattern.
    It's especially not healthy if what little you're eating is junk food. Eat a properly balanced meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    I'm sorry if you don't mean it to seem this way, but it sounds like you're trying to lose weight with the fact that you're worried about calories. And you're going about it in the wrong way.
    Your body needs food, and I'm sure you've been told this a million times but if you starve yourself you will go into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down, and then if you start eating normally again you're more likely to put on more weight. And then some.
    If you're looking to lose weight, cut back on the alcohol, and it's going to sound crazy but you need to get a more regular sleep pattern.
    It's especially not healthy if what little you're eating is junk food. Eat a properly balanced meal.
    Im not a big alcohol drinker though, I have been out about once a fortnight in the last 6 weeks then went out 4 times in the 12 months previous.

My friend just came round and ordered some burgers and chips for us so I ate a chilli burger, couldnt eat the chips though.

Dont know what to eat tommorow though as have some stir fry mix and some ham was going to use as their sell by dates are today.

And yes heard about starvation mode many times before.

I just dont generally get hungry very often and if I do I want to eat something stupid like a frozen pizza or noodles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Im not a big alcohol drinker though, I have been out about once a fortnight in the last 6 weeks then went out 4 times in the 12 months previous.

My friend just came round and ordered some burgers and chips for us so I ate a chilli burger, couldnt eat the chips though.

Dont know what to eat tommorow though as have some stir fry mix and some ham was going to use as their sell by dates are today.

And yes heard about starvation mode many times before.

I just dont generally get hungry very often and if I do I want to eat something stupid like a frozen pizza or noodles.
    That's fair enough then I'm just trying to warn you that you'll regret it if you burn the wick at both ends. Not sleeping loads and eating little or rubbish when you do is asking for trouble (been down that road, eurgh :o: )

ReputationRep:
    of course it isnt normal...

ReputationRep:
    Ok put on 2-3 pounds in the last day, probably from the burger my friend gave me!

I must have a terrible metabolism.

At least its the first day today in a week that I feel pretty much normal.

ReputationRep:
    Not only is it not normal, it's not possible, not losing fat anyway. You need to burn 3,500 calories to burn one lb of fat.

And there are 14 lbs in a stone, not 10.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it was that abnormal. If you haven't been sleeping much, you'll be burning up more calories than usual, and you're eating less. So you're bound to lose weight. And please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're 18 stone, you'll lose weight alot quicker than someone who was, say, 10 stone or something. I'm sure your body will sort itself out soon! Just try and sleep more, and eat some more nutritious food! If you're not eating very much, you need to try and give your body the nutrients it needs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tikkitak)
    I wouldn't say it was that abnormal. If you haven't been sleeping much, you'll be burning up more calories than usual, and you're eating less. So you're bound to lose weight. And please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're 18 stone, you'll lose weight alot quicker than someone who was, say, 10 stone or something. I'm sure your body will sort itself out soon! Just try and sleep more, and eat some more nutritious food! If you're not eating very much, you need to try and give your body the nutrients it needs!
    Really? I find it the opposite way when I was skinny I could lose weight very easily, then put on 2 stone after a family death and despite cutting down again and walking a 30 minute steep walk to work each day both directions I stuck at the weight and went up a pound or two each month and this sort of thing has continued for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a strict diet routine since october and I've lost quite a lot of weight,
    but I'm not sure if this normal because in my diet I didn't eat as much(reduced my portion size) and although I'm fitter and faster now
    i feel my diet has gone
    to far as I'm skinnier now.

OP i assume people tell you that you've gone skinny, if so im in the same situation as you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.