Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lloyd -r-)
    How small compared to a normal room are they because I've heard the reduced rooms are a bed and two walls which is kind of worrying me as its my second choice. Do you still get a desk and wardrobe like the normal sized rooms?
    Lol yes, of course. It's just slightly more cramped and not as well furnished in the reduced rooms, but everything's still there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhoneyxx04)
    I'm in talybont north in the average sized rooms and I love it. The rooms are a decent size and have lots of storage space for all your stuff. The internet generally works well but occassionally goes a bit slow. Cleaners come in once a week and they do a decent job. Also Talybont North is really close to the tesco superstore...Taly south and court are a fair walk away and may be a pain for carrying heavy shopping bags. My only complaint is that sometimes when something breaks down they can take a while to fix it but that would happen in any halls.
    Talybont South has a little shop in it which I guess can be quite handy but there are also rumours of cockroaches and silverfish infestations in some of the south houses.
    Talybont Court is extremely posh and very modern plus closest to the uni but is also the most expensive of the three and furtherest away from tesco.
    I wouldn't recommend taking one of the reduced rooms if you can help it...they are pretty small and if you can afford the normal size you will probably prefer it.

iam planning on taking up pharmacy this sept,i'd like to live in a hall thats close to campus (within walking distance),pharm building is just across aberdare hall i think,how far is talybont court/north/south from main campus & pharmacy building? thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberprincess)
    iam planning on taking up pharmacy this sept,i'd like to live in a hall thats close to campus (within walking distance),pharm building is just across aberdare hall i think,how far is talybont court/north/south from main campus & pharmacy building? thanks in advance!
    I lived in talycourt this year...pharmacy building is about 10 - 15 mins walk from here. It's about another 5 mins added to south, then another 5 or so to north. As a freshser, you would have more fun in south/north. Talycourt is the most antisocial out of the 3 places. I wish I had gone to south or north ...although the rooms are better there, but still!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.