The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think that they allocate it all at the same time anyway for the university accomodation, i think that unconditional gets placed first, then after results the rest are
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
The website says some time in March but i'll be checking throughout the month :p:
Andylol
The website says some time in March but i'll be checking throughout the month :p:

There isn't a rush! Accomodation is definately not first come first served at all so whether your apply in March or June it won't make a difference.
Reply 4
mollymustard
There isn't a rush! Accomodation is definitely not first come first served at all so whether your apply in March or June it won't make a difference.

Hehe, i just wanna get things sorted asap so i can relax knowing that i've already applied for my accomodation :biggrin:
Reply 5
What about unconditionals?
Lucible
What about unconditionals?

If your unconditional because you have been on a gap year you are likely to be placed in Cresent Flats, somewhere in Stephenson or the most common place to be put is Derwent.

I think you will find out sometime in July/Aug. Again, its not first come first served.
mollymustard
If your unconditional because you have been on a gap year you are likely to be placed in Cresent Flats, somewhere in Stephenson or the most common place to be put is Derwent.

I think you will find out sometime in July/Aug. Again, its not first come first served.

Why are you more likely to be placed in these places? Surely it is what you put down as your preference.
Playa4Real007
Why are you more likely to be placed in these places? Surely it is what you put down as your preference.

No, not at all. I mean obviously some unconditionals are in other blocks but as the majority of the accomodation is the same anyway most gap yearers end up being placed in Derwent. This has happened for the last three years.
mollymustard
No, not at all. I mean obviously some unconditionals are in other blocks but as the majority of the accomodation is the same anyway most gap yearers end up being placed in Derwent. This has happened for the last three years.

I want Endcliffe!
Playa4Real007
I want Endcliffe!

Derwent is in Endcliffe!
mollymustard
Derwent is in Endcliffe!

I just saw that on the web! my mistake :rolleyes:
Playa4Real007
I just saw that on the web! my mistake :rolleyes:

Ahh no problem! Haha :p:
mollymustard

Is Stephenson the older building with the bar in it? The accomodation wiki isn't working for me! What's Derwent like? :smile:
Alexandra1234567
Is Stephenson the older building with the bar in it? The accomodation wiki isn't working for me! What's Derwent like? :smile:

Derwent is one of the new en-suite blocks. Most flats are of 10 and its opposite the edge.
Reply 15
Derwents the best!!! It's not all gappers this year though i am in a flat of 10 non gappers and there are a few gappers in Froggat i think (as in whole flats)!
mollymustard
Derwent is one of the new en-suite blocks. Most flats are of 10 and its opposite the edge.

Oh that sounds quite good. What about Stephenson?

Beginning of March i think :smile:
Reply 18
Well, I'm in Ranmoor this year (newest student village) and I've got 2 flatmates who have come straight from gap years in my flat of eleven. So it can't all be true that they get put together :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Thanks for the replies people, march is fast approaching and then we can apply :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending