Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there
    I'm new on here and this is my first thread, so I'd just like to say sorry if I've made any mistakes or put it in the wrong place!

Here is my situation:
    I graduated in summer 2009 [English BA Hons- 2:1] and took a year out to earn some money and decide what to do next. I have since decided to apply for the GDL course and train as a solicitor. I am aware that the deadline is today, so I've missed it, but I only properly decided last night, and I didn't know when the deadline was until today!

Here are my questions:

1) What are my chances of getting on a course applying after the Feb 1st deadline?

2) Where are the best places to apply to, and how difficult are they to get into?

It would be a massive help to me if someone could help me out with those questions, and I'd really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you apply now? I think the closing date is the end of today so if you get it in by maybe 5pm you could be in time? I submitted my application last night. I'd try to do it really quickly now if I were you.

Apply to BPP, College of Law and city. :yy:

Where did you do your undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    I did hope I could do that but I don't know if I'll be able to get a reference in time? Thanks for your advice!
    Oh and I did my undergrad at Manchester Met. =)

ReputationRep:
    Also- is there any difference in quality of teaching/reputation between different branches, for example of BPP and College of Law?

ReputationRep:
    I would say BPP and College of Law are the same level - they just provide legal courses. after that, you apply to Universities eg Manchester may provide it. You have to be sure you really want to do it because its a hell of a lot of money! Have you looked into that?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.