Turn on thread page Beta

People who know about subwoofers.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently bought one for my car and set it up and everything, it's really good.

But before I had it fixed, it must have hit something and there's now a crack in the centre (diaphragm I think it's called?), is there any way of replacing it? Will rep if you can help

you need a new sub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    you need a new sub
    Gutted. Really?

(Original post by MrJonnnn)
    Gutted. Really?
    afraid so. you can use everything else you have in place but invest in a speaker grille

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    afraid so. you can use everything else you have in place but invest in a speaker grille
    Ahhh, I have a year warranty too, but cant find the receipt!

Yeah i'll use a grill, ahh what a waste of £120 lol

ReputationRep:
    The plastic bit in the middle of the sub?

Got a pic?

If it's just like a plastic cap over the magnet, it'll play fine.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I have a year warranty too, but cant find the receipt!

Yeah i'll use a grill, ahh what a waste of £120 lol
    Warranty is not insurance, it's there in case there's a fault due to manufacture, not if it's broken by the user.

ReputationRep:
    If you have blown the sub (torn the cone) you will know about it, it will sound nasty, like proper nasty and just won't sound right/produce low frequencies. Kinda worth sweet FA.

Can you produce a picture at all, because by the sounds of it, it doesn't sound too bad....

ReputationRep:
    what you need is a dirty bassline...

ReputationRep:
    I've recently bought one for my car and set it up and everything, it's really good.

But before I had it fixed, it must have hit something and there's now a crack in the centre (diaphragm I think it's called?), is there any way of replacing it? Will rep if you can help
    New sub im afraid. You cant fix it. The sound will be different and completely rubbish.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.