Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm very, very new to LaTeX and reading/learning about it as I get the chance.
    I don't need to know how to use it ('yet', perhaps) but managed to do a pretty good job of my CV.

I'm having difficulty with PDF output, in terms of font, I think. DVI output seems fine.

The basic structure of the document is headings and lists - bullet points. The problem is with second-level lists, by that I mean lists under a bullet point (specifically a list of responsibilities/skills after employer name/title).
    As this is a second-level list, it does not use bullet points but dashes - they're the problem. They aren't coming through properly on the PDF output file - they are very feint.

This wasn't always the case - the PDF from the older file in the folder, made with the same file and program is normal.
    In the TeXworks PDF viewer the dashes appear in bold (compared to the old PDF output file) but in Adobe Reader, Acrobat and Google Docs they're feint and barely visible.
    I don't think I've changed anything on the system since making the original file.

The layout/what I mean (+ represents bullet point):

+ John's Corner Store, Lapland
    Head of merchandising
    Responsible for...

The bits in red aren't coming through properly in the output file.

I've reinstalled MiKTeX and Adobe Reader (default PDF reader) but nothing's helped. I've also tried other editors (Texmaker and TexnicCenter).

Any ideas?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.