Turn on thread page Beta

Hull-Amsterdam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I'm going on the Hull - Amsterdam minicruise next weekend and was just looking for advice from people who have been...

Can you take your own food and drink on with you? I mean, just a bottle of wine and stuff like that? And can you leave your luggage in your room?

Thanks, anything else you want to add, that'd help me out x

ReputationRep:
    You can take your own food and drink, but the rooms are tiny (mine was anyway). I'm sure you can leave your luggage in your room, but I only had a holdall because I was only there for a day. We were meant to have the whole day in Amsterdam, but we were stuck in traffic for hours, so we only got 3 or 4 hours. The food was really nice and everything, loads to choose from, and there's lots of shops inside.

ReputationRep:
    If think they provide contraception in the red light district iirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    If think they provide contraception in the red light district iirc
    Haha thanks, but I'm going with my boyfriend for valentines day, so we might be avoiding the red light district

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Haha thanks, but I'm going with my boyfriend for valentines day, so we might be avoiding the red light district
    Suit yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    what? no?
    you have to visit the red light district just for the experience!

ReputationRep:
    Anything else?

There's nothing on the P&O website about not taking food/drink on board with you. I'd like to take some champagne for me and my boyfriend, so it would be unfair if P&O don't mention it when you book or in the terms and conditions, for them to take things from me, right?

ReputationRep:
    You're allowed to take food and drink onboard, but you can only eat it in your cabin (past experience!) and yes, if you're just going for the day you can generally leave your luggage in the cabin. I'm also going in a couple of weeks!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.