Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, how unattractive is a large/hooked nose on a girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a big hook nose. I hated it so much. I decided not to care a while back though.

(Original post by T-Toe)
    She's also got a big jaw lime, yet still pretty. However, the faces she makes when she sings annoys the **** out of me.
    I see no big jaw line :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl at Uni people call her the Pelican. It's awful, feel so sorry for her.

(Original post by Khodu)
    There's this girl at Uni people call her the Pelican. It's awful, feel so sorry for her.
    What uni are you at? (yes, I am paranoid the girl is me :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    Ashlee Simpson looked way better with her "hooked" nose... her nose job made her like like crap. She use to be hot now she is just a mess, I have seen alot of females with mildly hooked noses like Simpson that are far hotter than those females with plastic surgery in attempt for the "perfect" nose.

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely does a girls nose alone make her unattractive...it's usually because other features are off as well. SJP for example....even if she had the perfect nose, I don't think it would make her any more attractive because it's really her facial proportions that are the issue.

Now lets take Liz Hurley....she has quite a big nose but she has in the past been referred to as one of the most beautiful women in the world. That is because her facial proportions are more conventionally good looking.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i have a flat nose so its not my place to judge

ReputationRep:
    I don`t care about nose myself. If see a girl and has a pretty face and is good looking, the nose is just the nose. I see the whole package and people who want every feature to be perfect are just.. amen

Lol at this thread being raised from the dead! I'd forgotten about it but reading through it again is funny. Still a complex I have so replies are still welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wata)
    If I saw a pretty girl with a hooked nose, i'd pay for her to get a nose job.
    Mine is in six days. Pay it lol

ReputationRep:
    There's a guy I know who finds girls with big noses really attractive; he says it makes then facially interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ANON or delete please thanyou.

We're not talking monstrous here, either slightly large, or not, er, conventionally shaped, with a bit of a bone curve.

Personality aside, I know 'it matters the most..blabla' but going purely on looks, would a bad nose put you off a girl completely? Would you notice? Take an average looking girl with a below average nose, or even a good looking girl with a large nose, would it make her that much more unnatractive?

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/1...0919151458.jpg

The one on the left

http://static.flickr.com/49/199013720_90afeda71c.jpg
    A nose like that is the sign of a well bred girl! I love them, beats a fat piggy nose any day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm paranoid about my nose too! From the front it's ok, but from the side I have a full on hook! I don't have too many of me from the side, these are the best I could find:

Name:  198731_10151100351063269_729496325_n.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  40.3 KBName:  168001_501918488472_758173472_6254488_6177566_n.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  52.7 KBName:  154334_488030018472_758173472_6012501_1549161_n.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  86.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    I have a nose like the top picture and I've always wanted it sorting. My uncle teases me saying I have a nose like a ski slope, someone asked me if I'd actually broken it but as the years go by I'm starting to notice it less and less
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...71185437_n.jpg

This pic is from last year you can kinda see it

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sucker for a Jewish or Roman nose, so long as it suits the face I don't think it is that is an unattractive feature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckydacre)
    I'm paranoid about my nose too! From the front it's ok, but from the side I have a full on hook! I don't have too many of me from the side, these are the best I could find:

Name:  198731_10151100351063269_729496325_n.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  40.3 KBName:  168001_501918488472_758173472_6254488_6177566_n.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  52.7 KBName:  154334_488030018472_758173472_6012501_1549161_n.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  86.6 KB
    It looks fine, shouldn't worry about it

Lol at how thread has been necro'd multiple times since 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    I used to hate my nose too, now I don't mind so much.

It's generally big, slightly crooked and has a massive bump so the front and profile looks bad. I might take a picture...
    But it's fine, I've grown used to it now and no one has ever said anything about it - I still get attention so it can't be too bad.
    I would never have plastic surgery for it.
    Hah, wow. Strange to see this.

I was bullied throughout school for being ugly, people didn't say things about my nose specifically (to me) but it probably was part of it. That's why I hated many things about my appearance and believed I was hideous. When I made that post I was getting towards this stage of acceptance:

I could not be happier now, I can't see myself and my features in the same ugly way I did years ago. My nose is my nose, no one else has one like it. I am happily engaged to a man who thinks I am the most beautiful girl.

The fact is not everyone will find you attractive and that is okay, everyone has different preferences and ways of connecting to and seeing you as a person. Your physical appearance is not separate to you as a person - you are one as a whole when you are with people moving and talking, it all chimes together. Personality does make a huge difference to attractiveness. Someone with a bent up huge nose, huge eyebrows and huge ears (like me) can have a personality that fits the appearance and makes a person who is to some people extremely attractive - despite features deviating from 'normal'.

No feature makes any person 'ugly', most people are just people. There are very few who actually have features so extremely far from the expected human blueprint or from healthy that they are almost universally considered ugly.

I am happy with myself and my nose. I doubt yours is as 'bad', mine is so strange that it looks completely different from every angle hah! If some people think I am ugly, that's not a problem - I only needed to find one fiance. People don't look at me and recoil in horror, I am accepted as just another person, so whatever they think/feel/say about it in private is fine.

I saw a webpage of celebrity nose jobs recently, most of them well executed so you wouldn't have necessarily known they'd had one. It really saddened me. Every single one of them was given the -same- nose on their different faces, why would you want that? I prefered their real noses.

I think I need to show some demonstrative pictures, because you deserve to feel good about your nose too (and hopefully showing mine will help? lol)

People have mistaken me for Iranian, Jewish and Turkish before (I'm half-Greek half-British).
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I always get a bit self conscious about profile pictures being done because my nose is just kind of straight and goes out a bit. It's not super long but demonstrating the angle by imagining the hands of a clock it's about a five past three (haha does that even make sense)? It's just really straight. I used to get self conscious when compared to other girls who had dainty noses that curved outwards at a soft angle but whatever...I think I still look ok(ish) from the front and to be honest a nose is just a nose, most people's are different shapes and it would be boring if we were all carbon copies of each other .

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, but i can safely say my nose is the worst out of ALL of you guys n girls.

Its long, hooked, has a bump...its just terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Funnily enough, ive never actually been teased so much about it over the years (maybe people thought it was TOO easy, hah )...only once or twice was i called "big nose" when i was in secondary school...after that, its never been mentioned.

I can admit its the one thing (and only thing) im conscious of and dislike. Thats not to say every other part of me is goodlooking - far from it. I do sometimes flirt with the idea of getting something done to it...but when its THIS much of mess, im not sure what can be done

ReputationRep:
    http://doblelol.com/thumbs/funny-vol...1367252082.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think that's a bit insensitive? How do you know she would want a nose job? Everyone has their downfall feature but that feature defines you and make you unique. People shouldn't change who they are too due in with what society thinks is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.