Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Well I have just been accepted at the Bham College of Law to do the Ful Time LPC. I am just wondering what I should expect? How many hours study do I need to put in? And how many hours will I actually be there? Also, how did you/are you funding it?

Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    I think there's an option at the College of Law to do two full days per week rather than having it spread out across the week. I'm not sure what the exact hours are though.

In terms of funding, I'm thinking of choosing BPP over the College of Law purely because BPP has a scholarship scheme and I intend on applying for one of their scholarships.

I've also entered the Lawyer2B Annual essay competition which has a prize of a free place at BPP Law School.

I've not confirmed my place yet but it's likely to be BPP for pure financial reasons.

I'm not taking it for granted that I'll get the scholarship or win the competition though so I'm going to approach Natwest Bank for a career development loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    I think there's an option at the College of Law to do two full days per week rather than having it spread out across the week. I'm not sure what the exact hours are though.

In terms of funding, I'm thinking of choosing BPP over the College of Law purely because BPP has a scholarship scheme and I intend on applying for one of their scholarships.

I've also entered the Lawyer2B Annual essay competition which has a prize of a free place at BPP Law School.

I've not confirmed my place yet but it's likely to be BPP for pure financial reasons.

I'm not taking it for granted that I'll get the scholarship or win the competition though so I'm going to approach Natwest Bank for a career development loan.
    Wish I lived near to a BPP school but I am in B'ham. That sound like a good idea, at least you are planning ahead. I have been looking at the Natwest Loan too - it is just for CoL or BPP students. The rate is quite good. How much are you thinking of borrowing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charli159)
    Wish I lived near to a BPP school but I am in B'ham. That sound like a good idea, at least you are planning ahead. I have been looking at the Natwest Loan too - it is just for CoL or BPP students. The rate is quite good. How much are you thinking of borrowing?
    The College of Law is still a good school. I attended open days at the College of Law and BPP and I actually preferred the College of Law between the two. The only reason I'm going to BPP is because there is an outside chance, I might secure funding for the LPC.

Originally I intended to just borrow the course fee and get a part time job to fund my train fare to Manchester but I might borrow a bit extra...I'm not sure yet to be honest.

Have you confirmed your place yet? just wondering how much the deposit is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    The College of Law is still a good school. I attended open days at the College of Law and BPP and I actually preferred the College of Law between the two. The only reason I'm going to BPP is because there is an outside chance, I might secure funding for the LPC.

Originally I intended to just borrow the course fee and get a part time job to fund my train fare to Manchester but I might borrow a bit extra...I'm not sure yet to be honest.

Have you confirmed your place yet? just wondering how much the deposit is...
    I havnt confirmed my place yet as trying to sort out funding :-S The deposit is £350

ReputationRep:
    I had to pay £150 for BPP, well I say 'I', my mum paid it. Still got the SRA fee to come yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have a place at the College of Law in Bham , but I also have a place at Sheffield University, Which would you go to? I cant decide :O I live in Sheffield. Bham would be a commute away I guess :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Sheffield

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.