Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Possible Prosecution Of Tony Blair watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should Tony Blair be prosecuted for invading Iraq?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
    I would like to see him prosecuted, in fact hanged just like whom he called a 'monster' had been*, as a punishement for what he has commited! But, as we are living in a world, where the injustice is omnipresent, I doubt he will be!

*Tony Blair called Saddam Hussain : a monster. I think that he is worse than that because:
    • Saddam killed people in his country, wheras Blair illegually invaded a country and killed people whom he had no right to touch.
    • Blair not only killed innocent people, but his decision to invade Iraq, caused the death of more than 100 British soldiers.
    • Blair was also using people's money to kill others without them willing to, an other crime joining the long list.
    You should work for the sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Yeah bro, killing 600,000 of your own people and using chemical weapons on people is fine.

I mean we should have said the same to Hitler, you carry on killing those Jews bro :yep:, yeah?
    Saddam had been killing people since the 80s (with weapons given by the West) so why wasn't he removed after the first gulf war. The fact is the Western goverments don't really care and that there was no human rights element to the invasion so creating this excuse afterwards to justify an illegal war is stupid.

(Original post by Casse)
    Saddam had been killing people since the 80s (with weapons given by the West) so why wasn't he removed after the first gulf war. The fact is the Western goverments don't really care and that there was no human rights element to the invasion so creating this excuse afterwards to justify an illegal war is stupid.

Blair wasn't PM then, can hardly blame him for that.

Oh and the reason is for the US and UK to help Kuwait, the UN forced them to agree they wouldn't go into Iraq once Kuwait was freed.

Blame the UN for the death of probably 200,000 in the time before the invasion .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    What the **** is wrong with people? Without the invasion, Sadaam would most likely still be in power there and that would have been catastrophic for the world. He did what he had to do to protect the liberties of two nations and some innocent lives were lost granted but for the benefit on countless other individuals.
    How would the world be in catastrophe if Saddam was still in charge?

(Original post by loki276)
    He broke international law therefore he must be persecuted
    Kuwait broke international law too.

(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    lunatic!
    Lunatic for saying the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Yeah bro, killing 600,000 of your own people and using chemical weapons on people is fine.

I mean we should have said the same to Hitler, you carry on killing those Jews bro :yep:, yeah?
    The original guy he replied to said it would have been catastrophic for the world if Saddam was still in charge. One despot murdering his own country is not on that scale. There are many such regimes all over the world today - are you suggesting the british should act as some kind of international police force to clear up all of these?

ReputationRep:
    Of course he shouldn't be prosecuted.

(Original post by damos92)
    You should work for the sun.
    And the reason for that is ..........?!!

(Original post by Phalanges)
    The original guy he replied to said it would have been catastrophic for the world if Saddam was still in charge. One despot murdering his own country is not on that scale. There are many such regimes all over the world today - are you suggesting the british should act as some kind of international police force to clear up all of these?
    No, only in serious cases, and its mainly the US anyway.

I put using chemical weapons on people as a serious case frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Kuwait broke international law too.
    what?
    if you are referring to the invasion of Kuwait, than Iraq was punished with sanctions and the gulf war tbh Saddam should have been killed after the first gulf war

ReputationRep:
    Would you care to add anything substantive?

ReputationRep:
    He's a criminal and should be hanged.

ReputationRep:
    In my humble opinion, your religious convictions completely cloud your mind. They are a barrier to all rational thought.

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't present two sides of an arguement and haven't fully understood something before suggesting that our former prime minister should be executed. No offence though.

ReputationRep:
    I am also think you don't mean the word Persecuted...

but anyway imo he shouldn't and before the whole thing started the guy in charge of the inquiry that it was to wrap up loose ends and no one will be charged!!! so near 0% of being charged for Mr Blair!

ReputationRep:
    It will never happen, but Blair and Bush should be tried as war criminals. But as I say, it won't ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    dont care why, the government of the country has to make decisions like this, cant expect people to make them if we are going to prosecute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bax-man)
    Would you care to add anything substantive?
    erm what? do you want to know what law he broke or something?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...aq-inquiry-law

The evidence of Sir Michael Wood and Elizabeth Wilmshurst, combined with the documents, tells a shocking story. In 2002, the Foreign Office and the attorney general saw little chance of establishing a legal case without one of three things: a second UN resolution (which Britain sought but did not get); an urgent need for self-defence (which – despite the WMD dossiers – did not exist); or a humanitarian crisis (which did not exist either).
    He didn't follow advice from legal advisers who told him he cant attack Iraq under international law

Also there is no chance he will get tried as a war criminal although I hope I am wrong

(Original post by Phalanges)
    There are many such regimes all over the world today - are you suggesting the british should act as some kind of international police force to clear up all of these?
    Totally agree with this!
    I believe that there is no such country that is just and treats its citizens equally hence no country should have the right to judge other countries.
    I don't agree with what Saddam has done and believe that what he had done is unacceptable, but on the other hand, he should not have been judged by countries that themselves commited immoral crimes.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.