Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Im going to be starting my second year of study int he summer, and my boyfriend and I are planning on renting a flat together. He's not at uni, but when I apply for a student loan through SAAS, do I say that i'm single, or living with a partner?
    I should get a bursary either way, but if I put myself down as the wrong thing it'll be a ballache.
    Any ideas?

    You either say you are living with a partner and you get income assessed off their income (i.e. their student loan, bursary etc and vice versa). Or you say you are single and still get assessed off your parental income.

    Most people tend to say living with their partner as it means essentially they get more money (don't forget if this money is a loan it's more you pay back in the future). Unless your parents have a low income, which means you probably get the full support already, and either way it would make no difference what you pick.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.