Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lock Picking.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

I would like to know how to pick a lock out of sheer curiosity and amusement, not for illegal purposes.

The lock on my door is a Union lock (and says 296A in tiny writing above the lock). I dont know how many pins it has, but I have tried a few times (the paper clip method) but the pins dont stay up/in place, and since I cant get them to go up all at once, I cant do it.

Does anyone know/could tell me? Or know any good videos on lock picking/pins that wont stay in place? No time wasters please, and dont just google "lock picking" and send me to a site, I've spent an hour doing that already.

ReputationRep:
    If you break the lock, I wouldn't fancy paying that bill.

ReputationRep:
    You probably need better equipment.

ReputationRep:
    You would probably need a locksmith to show you how to do it and they are not going to do that.

ReputationRep:
    blatantly want to break in somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    google anarchists cookbook, and note how it say's it will most likely take you hours. Then take into account anarchists cookbook is exaggerated to make things cool and volatile, and realise it will take you days.

ReputationRep:
    It takes hours and hours of practise and immense skill.

ReputationRep:
    theres a lock picking society at reading university! why don't you join...

You need to use a screw driver to try to turn the lock as you run the paper clip from back to front along the pins, that way the pins will stay up because they are slightly out of alignment. I suggest you have a better look on the internet since that's where I found that method out a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk/main.html

Lock picks and other interesting stuff can be found here.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.