The Student Room Group

Adaptive Writing - Am I doing this right?

So the deadline is getting nearer for my English Language adaptive writing (My teacher hasn't set a specific deadline yet but I can tell he wants it within the week) The sad thing is I've had a lot of trouble wondering whether I'm doing it right or not. My written piece was a speech given by Lenin in 1916, and I am trying to adapt that into a journal log that would be an extract from a biography of a fictional russian character that I would create, similar to Anne Franks diary. The piece would have the same setting as the Lenin written piece, and I would use quotations from Lenin's Speech placed into the story. Sadly, I have a feeling as if I've done this wrong. This purpose, audience and form would be different. The purpose of Lenin's speech was to entertain and persuade, where as the story I'm creating is to entertain and inform.

I haven't had luck finding my teacher and asking him for help my last few chances of seeing him were missed because I was ill. Also, the next time I see him he'll probably expect the coursework, and he's one of those very sarcastic and sensitive teachers - not someone to negotiate very well with. I didn't get any corrections from my friends (who also take the course) when I described the story.

I'm probably thinking about this too much. Is this piece acceptable for adaptive writing? I can't find any notes on how to create an adaptive writing piece and the internet isn't helping me very much.

Reply 1
It sounds like you have the right idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending