The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Depends to what extent it affected the way she acted. If she just sat around feeling sorry for herself all day then no thanks. If she was just a bit quiet or shy then yes I could easily, especially if I thought she was pretty.
Anonymous
I am pretty ( I don't mean to sound big-headed at all), but I am extremley shy with people who aren't my close friends/family. I've heard a lot of people talk about how I'm the prettiest at work and uni, and many have told me I am. The problem is that guys never seem to want to get to know me, and seem to always go for confident girls. I was wondering if any of you would ever fancy a girl you found really pretty, but had no confidence? Would you always choose a less pretty, more confident girl over her? Is confidence really the most attractive thing?
For a while back I seemed to attract completic neurotics, so I think I'd prefer a confident girlfriend now.
Reply 42
If you are genuinely pretty, and I see that you are nice then there would be nothing stopping me from making conversation.
damos92
Without wanting to sound bad, i would love to get with a girl with little confidence. She then relies on me to help build her up, which i would do with consumate skill. In exchange for some tlc.
No no no, you further decrease her confidence so she becomes confused and lost THEN you get your tlc.. whatever tlc means..
Reply 44
No. Introversion is an acceptable personal quality, shyness is a social problem. If you don't have the backbone to talk to new people then I wouldn't think very much of you. I'm sorry.
Reply 45
Anonymous
But don't you think shy/unconfident girls come across as more boring than everyone else (even if they are not) because they say a lot less, and don't give as many opinions?

I don't think shy girls come across as boring (although I may have a biased opinion :p: ). I think they can come across as mysterious and intriguing on the plus side...and cold/complacent on the negative side!

From a female perspective I'm attracted to both confident and shy men and it's the mystery of getting to know a shy guy that attracts me...sometimes it's a disappointment! other times you're really glad you took the time to get to know that person :smile: So it depends on the individual I suppose.
It's always the quiet ones :perv:
Anonymous
I am pretty ( I don't mean to sound big-headed at all), but I am extremley shy with people who aren't my close friends/family. I've heard a lot of people talk about how I'm the prettiest at work and uni, and many have told me I am. The problem is that guys never seem to want to get to know me, and seem to always go for confident girls. I was wondering if any of you would ever fancy a girl you found really pretty, but had no confidence? Would you always choose a less pretty, more confident girl over her? Is confidence really the most attractive thing?

If you're pretty, nothing else matters. That is the number one thing that guys look for in a girl. Plus shyness can be quite cute.
No.
I would want someone to have fun with, trying to make a girl confident is like the most longting thing ever
fox_the_fix
No.
I would want someone to have fun with, trying to make a girl confident is like the most longting thing ever

That would be the ideal scenario, if the girl was pretty and confident.
But as they say, beggars can't be choosers and neither can virgins. Especially if the girl on offer is pretty.
Anonymous
But as they say, beggars can't be choosers and neither can virgins. Especially if the girl on offer is pretty.

Well I'm not a beggar or a virgin, so I can choose :cool:
Anonymous

I currently fancy a really pretty but shy girl. She's never even kissed a boy, and i lost my virginity at 15, and have had several partners since. So i wouldn't worry, shyness can be rather attractive, and you build confidence with the right person :smile:.
Anonymous
I don't think people think I'm stuck up. In fact, people see me as 'too nice', which probably is less attractive than being stuck up in most peoples eyes.

A bunch of girls persuaded a guy not to ask me out because I wasn't his type (i.e. not a girl who poses in her underwear for facebook pictures) and because I was "too nice".

What a jokeeeeeeee. He was so hot :daydreaming:

I get loads of compliments on my looks but I'm far too shy for any guy to actually want to start a relationship or anything like that...They compliment me, flirt and that's it....then again, I don't flirt back :eyeball: :sad:
Reply 53
Anonymous

100% yes. Although on the other hand, i don't approach random women who don't give me a smile / make eye contact etc. Since i'm guessing you don't do this infact, 99.9% of women don't do this (not to me anyway) i'll most prob be single forever !!.
Reply 54
Anonymous

So do you think an average looking confident girl is more attractive than a shy pretty girl?
Reply 55
Depends on whether they're shy because they have nothing to say or shy because they're too afraid to say it to new people.

I really need to be able to talk to a girl about anything without feeling awkward to actually like them (other than superficially).
AlexCisneros
Confidence is amazingly important. HOWEVER, i personally am seriously attracted to shyness, i think it's sweet. It just depends on the person i guess...

Seconded
Anonymous
So do you think an average looking confident girl is more attractive than a shy pretty girl?

Nope. I really don't get why shyness is seen as a negative trait. I think shyness is quite cute. It makes the girl seem more faithful as opposed to a confident one who goes around talking to lots of guys.
And of course you can never understate the importance of good looks.
Awesomesauce
If a girl is shy, guys won't give a **** if your attractive, and even see it as cute.

Now, if a guy is shy, he is treated like an alien from another planet, and it is seen as some kind of disorder.

well Im a girl, very shy, not a good looker and get treated like an alien so guess Im similar to how a guy would get treated.
Reply 59
Man up.

Latest

Trending

Trending