The Student Room Group

do you eat healthily?

Is this healthy eating craze really something people do, or just something the media says?

I find most people still eat burgers and other junk food, and frankly don't care much about what they eat. It seems only people with specific medical conditions, or whose moral values/lifestyle dictate as such, only eat healthily a lot.

So, how often do you eat non-junk food? And would you ever stop eating junk food and eat a salad instead? :p:

Scroll to see replies

I aim for a healthy balanced diet most of the time. But I might have a bit of junk at the weekend like a glass of coke or a takeaway. My general food shop is healthy, and if I'm going out then I might not stick to that!
Not at all, I'm always eating very unhealthy things.

So, how often do you eat non-junk food?

Every day... obviously. Who the hell eats only junk food?
Most things i eat are healthy, but then i have one thing that is not so healthy that i eat way too often - ben &jerrys!!
Reply 5
Nah, in fact i'm about to head off to the chippy for a doner wrap with chilli sauce. Coke aswell.
My eating habits are unhealthy in that I eat a lot of chocolate.

During a week I usually cook a chicken and veg stir-fry, chili con carne, spaghetti bolognese, enchiladas, some pasta dishes and a couple of jacket potatoes with tuna/prawns.
Don't drink fizzy drinks...don't really have take-away probably a mcdonalds once a year. a KFC once a year...a chippy once every couple of months....I have pub lunch every friday which is usually kind of healthy....don't eat crisps or chocolate....I do have microwave meals a bit too much and a bit too much processed meat...but compared to most people I eat healthily.
I eat way too much junk food. :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Yes. Only because I don't see the point in eating unhealthily. For me it's like this:

I don't find junk food to be any nicer than healthy, so why go for the unhealthy option?
i would never choose a salad over junk because i dont like salad, i dont like a lot of healthy food so i tend to eat a lot of unhealthy food

that said the past 2 days ive ate somewhat healthy

yesterday - home made tuna curry, steamed cod, handfull of peacn nuts/pmega mix

today - steamed cod with steamed veg (sprouts, split green beans, broccli, caulieflower) and later prob more steamed veg
Reply 11
I eat a lot more healthy this year since I've stopped eating ready meals and now prepare all the food myself. I guess I eat more healthy food than most...
Oh god, i eat rubbish, today i've eaten 2 cookies, a coke, cheese wrap and an apple.

Mmmmmm cookies :love:
Reply 13
*Star*Guitar*
I aim for a healthy balanced diet most of the time. But I might have a bit of junk at the weekend like a glass of coke or a takeaway. My general food shop is healthy, and if I'm going out then I might not stick to that!

This! pretty much :smile: except the coke, not a big fan of fizzy drinks. thinking about it my diet is pretty healthy compared to some people's
Reply 14
Quite healthy. I usaully have fruit everyday and I drink fruit juices and loadsa water. I do eat tonnes of crisps, chocolate, pizzas pasties etc. I also eat a lot of cereal which I think is healthy?
Reply 15
I used to, but coke and skittles are like heroin (no pun intended)
Reply 16
I'd say I eat quite healthily. I'm not big on fruit, and I might be a fan of Asda Smartprice mayo, but for the most part I eat healthy foods including steamed fish, roast chicken fillets (not in oil), dry roast potatoes, vegetables and wraps.
Yeah I'm fairly healthy, much more than I used to be. I'm (mostly) vegetarian during term time which helps, and I buy and cook my own food and I'm usually fairly good with that. My weaknesses are loads of carbs, Coke/fizzy drinks and the odd vending machine run. I'll always eat when I'm hungry so I'll have three or four meals a day.
I try to, obviously I have days where I crave junk.

But overall I think my diet is healthy, although I could eat more fish.
mr eko
Yes. Only because I don't see the point in eating unhealthily. For me it's like this:

I don't find junk food to be any nicer than healthy, so why go for the unhealthy option?

first time i have ever heard someone say that lol

Latest

Trending

Trending