Turn on thread page Beta

do you eat healthily? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Broadly speaking, yes. I'm sure I could improve my diet, but it's not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be really dogmatic about eating 'healthily', and was eventually diagnosed with anorexia when my bmi reached 13. I have since learned that healthy guidelines were invented for overweight people who need to lose weight, and that everything good can be had in moderation.

Try reading 'the french don't get fat', the Italians and french, in general, have clear complexions and are slimmer on average than the British. They eat good quality pastries/cakes/chocolate for breakfast, dessert and afternoon snacks, but in small portions. Lunch and dinner are large but high quality, and high density calorific foods are in small amounts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty healthy. I eat loads of fruit and veg and I don't eat chocolate. I rarely eat badly, I refuse to go to fast food places, I very rarely eat ready meals, I count calories and check fat and salt contents. I can't stand sugary foods, which kinda ruins desserts for me

I actually don't enjoy "bad food". I literally get revolted by fast food. I ate a ready meal the other day when I was in a bad mood and felt like throwing up afterwards. Euughh.

The only problem is I don't exercise enough!

ReputationRep:
    Very unhealthy, I barely eat at all. I had half a Pret sandwich this morning (so like one slice of bread) at 9.30ish, and that's all I'm eating until tomorrow 2PM.

Drunk tons of water today, that's it. I'm barely even hungry. Hmmmm. I'm sure this isn't right. In general OP I don't touch any food until 6/7PM ish, and then it's only one meal a day, so whatever I do eat I'm sure my overall diet is unhealthy, especially as I drink quite a but of coke with my meal.

ReputationRep:
    I try to be healthy! Almost always eat my five a day...... have the odd binge..... :P

ReputationRep:
    I eat a mixture. I do have some form of junk food everyday though. I used to try and cook from scratch all the time but I'm starting to give in and use jars of sauce now. I was OK with food tasting not too great as long as it was cheap and healthy but now I can't be bothered! I'll always have some chocolate/crisps in a day. Rarely D Coke, I try not to have that.

ReputationRep:
    My diet then...? Intuitive eating.
    I know I feel better if I eat carbs for breakfast, so I usually have a soy cappucino and either a pastry, cookie, dark chocolate or porridge with chestnut jam or honey or banana. This morning it was a white choc and raspberry cookie.

I sometimes have some fruit mid morning, but usually not.

lunch today i had a tomato and jalapeno hummus baguette

I had a homemade white chocolate and raspberry cookie in the afternoon

For dinner I had a baked sweet potato, baked mushrooms, half an avocado with peri peri sauce.

I then had another cookie,
    and just had a soy strawberry yogurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    Yes. Only because I don't see the point in eating unhealthily. For me it's like this:

I don't find junk food to be any nicer than healthy, so why go for the unhealthy option?
    :yep: I so agreee!

I love my body, and you feel so much better with healthy stuff inside you

ReputationRep:
    biscuits are my life

ReputationRep:
    I eat whatever I feel like to be honest but I do have a bit of an OCD about getting my 5-a-day :p: I never have crisps or fizzy drinks though, my mum refuses to buy them :rolleyes: Unless there's a really good offer on, that is. My mum is lame.

ReputationRep:
    Very. Like 60% raw. 80% unprocessed.

I feel so much better for it. My weight is good, I have so much more energy, less stomach 'issues', my skin is great!

Plus when i'm older - i'll probably look younger than most other people my age

I had two cheeseburgers for dinner today :sigh: ...and aeroes :|

When I'm not travelling, I mostly eat non-junk food and bit of junk-food (bar of chocolate).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollypop036)
    first time i have ever heard someone say that lol
    Doesn't suprise me...I only know 1 other guy who thinks the same.

I dunno, I have takeaway once a month on average, and I always end up thinking that it wasn't that nice. Bar Subway, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    I try to have 1 a day

ReputationRep:
    Why would I not eat healthy? Most junk food tastes like grease and salt, i'd rather have something that costs a wee bit more but has 20 times the taste and isnt entirely devoid of nutritional content, although I must admit I do occasionaly crave for a Hardees Grilled Chicken Jalapegno Burger

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.